Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

T-mon   Ballpythonclan   T-mon   Ballpythonclan   T-mon   Ballpythonclan   T-mon   Norf   Ballpythonclan  
 Member  Message

T-mon
View Profile

Anyone a herpetologist?

I want to become a herpetologist and wanted to know if anyon here was one themself

08/09/10  01:25pm

Ballpythonclan
View Profile

Message To: T-mon   In reference to Message Id: 2168128

Anyone a herpetologist?

Well techanically everyone who cares for there reptiles and know enough about them is a herpetologist in there own way or atleast thats my opinion. Not alot of people can say they are exactly a herpetologist by college terms or anything. Alot of people here do work at facilities,zoos, or breed there own large collection. Myself volenteers at the houston zoo and have been to brazil herping with friends. Are you intrested in talking to someone like bryan fry or donald scultz [sorry if name spelled wrong] than i suggest looking at major reptile websites for live appearances or attend a reptile show.

08/12/10  01:36am

T-mon
View Profile

Message To: Ballpythonclan   In reference to Message Id: 2168801

Anyone a herpetologist?

sorry for the late reply, forum wouldnt work, but thank you. i guess i am one haha but i want to get to that college education donald schultz type stage. so once i find a reptile show or expo around i’ll try to make it

08/14/10  12:38pm

Ballpythonclan
View Profile

Message To: T-mon   In reference to Message Id: 2169347

Anyone a herpetologist?

Ive never liked donald schultz though. Ive met him and heard him talk to my friend in a show. Kinda reminded me of a kid or something but i guess i would to if i had his job. He is pretty bad with scientific names well atleast with spiders. John told me he messed up alot naming the spiders at his booth.

08/16/10  11:01pm

T-mon
View Profile

Message To: Ballpythonclan   In reference to Message Id: 2169845

Anyone a herpetologist?

Hahaha nice. I’m not that into Spiders or know really anything about them so I’m good haha. And he acts like a kid... i get what you mean. When i saw his show he had that childish thing to him. I’m kinda like that too hahaha

08/17/10  08:58am

Ballpythonclan
View Profile

Message To: T-mon   In reference to Message Id: 2169890

Anyone a herpetologist?

He also overreacts alot too. Your best bet to talk to someone is Dr. Fry. My idle and he is younger than me. welll only by a couple of years any way. He KNOWS his stuff. Talked to him a couple times actually and even more on online chats via internet. Go to kingsnake and wait for events for online chat with a herpetologist

08/18/10  04:59pm

T-mon
View Profile

Message To: Ballpythonclan   In reference to Message Id: 2170154

Anyone a herpetologist?

Sounds like a good idea. thank you!

08/18/10  09:10pm

Norf
View Profile

Message To: Ballpythonclan   In reference to Message Id: 2168801

Anyone a herpetologist?

Quote:

Well techanically everyone who cares for there reptiles and know enough about them is a herpetologist in there own way or atleast thats my opinion.

Herpetoculturists maybe but the term ’herpetologist’ actually is a college/university attainable major.

10/12/10  07:47pm

Ballpythonclan
View Profile

Message To: Norf   In reference to Message Id: 2180700

Anyone a herpetologist?

break peoples dreams norf.lol Just saying in there own way.

10/14/10  06:02pm

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area