Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

Sorry, what?   JackAsp   DuckMonster   JackAsp   DuckMonster   Norf   Constrictor   DuckMonster   DuckMonster   Norf   Sorry, what?   Constrictor   JackAsp   Sorry, what?   Pythonking   Norf   JackAsp   Pythonking   Radek   Radek   TurboVtec93   Radek   TurboVtec93   Radek   TurboVtec93   Radek   Pythonking   TurboVtec93   Tino   TurboVtec93  
Pages 1 2 Next
 Member  Message

Sorry, what?
View Profile

Animal Fights thread go!

I will post a series of animal fight scenarios, and you answer them in order. So, without further ado, let the games begin!

1. Brown bear vs. Tiger
2. Komodo dragon vs. Crocodile
3. Wolverine vs. Tasmanian devil
4. Wolverine vs. Olive baboon
5. Olive baboon vs. Chimpanzee
6. Lion vs. Tiger
7. Brown bear vs. Gorilla
8. Pitbull vs. Grey wolf
9. Hippopotamus vs. Rhinoceros
10. Mountain lion vs. Leopard

I was brainstorming animal fights, I might come up with more. And feel free to post any new ones.

11/28/09  02:07pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Sorry, what?   In reference to Message Id: 2099672

Animal Fights thread go!

1. Tiger. Believe it or not, Siberian tigers sometimes eat brown bears. Oh, I’m sure a Kodiak could kill one of the littler subspecies like a Sumatran or something, but if it’s normal-sized subspecies like Bengal versus grizzly, the grizzly is really no tougher than an omnivore its size SHOULD be. The tiger is not only almost as big, but, not being a carnivore, is better designed for killing. it is, in fact, designed for killing animals larger than itself, because unlike some of the more opportunisitc cats that will chase a rabbit as readily as an antelope, tigers show an active preference for large prey items that they’ll have leftovers from.

2. Unless it’s a really small crocodile, no contest. Komodo dragons have to do a "bite and run" approach against large prey items. Crocodiles hang on and finish off large prey items. Plus, the croc is better armored. Even on land, any crocodile over a hundred pounds probably wins, and if it’s a saltie or something it’ll just walk right over and chomp the Komodo in half, without ever suspecting that anybody thought that was supposed to be challenging.

3. Wolverine if it’s a real Tasmanian devil, but Tasmanian devil if they’re in a cartoon, because those ones can spin through trees and stuff. Tasmania does not actually have any large indigenous predators for the "devil" to have to evolve unusual fighting techniques against. It’s a meat-eating marsupial larger than the other meat-eating marsupials that live there, that’s all.

4. Wolverine. It’s just too compact, tough-skinned, and good at using its teeth and claws for the baboon to do any effective damage to. I personally would rather fight the wolverine, because I could climb on something, or maybe grab a trashcan to trap it in, whereas the baboon is a more versatile threat. But I’m easier to rip up than a wolverine is. Wolverines fight off wolves, bears, and pumas, so they can use the same tactics to fight off baboons. A baboon, on the other hand, has more techniques for dealing with a leopard than it does for dealing with, say, a ratel, which would probably be the closest African equivalent of a wolverine.

5. I don’t really know enough about how chimps fight to say for sure. I’ve seen them kill colobus monkeys, but a colobus is no baboon. The baboon certainly has better teeth, especially when you take into account that muzzle, but the chimp is bigger and by the time it reaches adulthood it would have learned some techniques for dealing with teeth. No matter what, they’d both be hurt, but I’m not sure who would be the actual winner or loser. Interestingly, I’ve seen footage of baby chimps and baby baboons playing and wrestling with each other, while the parents on both sides had the exact same unhappy look on their faces. If it was to the death, I think sheer size might prevail, although the chimp would be pretty badly torn up. If they were just fighting over a banana or something, I think the chimp might just say "screw it" and go hide at Michael Jackson’s house.

6. Tiger. it’s not just that tigers are slightly larger. They also tend to have more energy, because while a lion often scavenges from the myriad of other top-line predators that share its range (or from other lions) a tiger usually has to kill what it eats and is designed accordingly. Tigers, all by themselves, kill the same sized animals that lions have to gang up on. The reason western Europe has this thing about lions is that tigers never lived there. Go to India, where both species live. People there know exactly which is the stronger cat.

7. Brown bear. A gorilla is smaller than a brown bear, has no muzzle to extend its fangs with, and has fingernails instead of giant claws. Unless it’s King Kong versus a giant bear, because King Kong can only be defeated by Paul Bunyan, modern military technology, or Chuck Norris in a blonde wig.

8. Good question. None of the pit bulls I’ve met would last five seconds against a wolf, because most of them are just fat friendly wimps that happen to have strong jaws for playing tug-of-war on a piece of rope with. But a pit bull with combat training would probably win even against an extremely tough wolf. For one thing, the wolf would probably be fighting for dominance, not to kill. For another thing, wolves are built to kill deer, pit bulls are built to kill large canines.

9. Hippo in water, probably rhino on land if it could charge from the side. But even on land, if it came down to any kind of close-range fighting, the hippo’s jaws are deadlier than the rhino’s horn. Perhaps that’s why nobody volunteers to try to sell hippo tusks as an aphrodisiac.

10. Leopard. Mountain lions kill 800 pound elk. Leopards kill 800 pound zebras, wildebeest, etc and then drag them up trees. They don’t even take any time to get up there, either! They just grab it and go over to the tree, and climb. It’s absolutely amazing. If I were a hyena or something and saw that, I’d be like "You know... if you can do THAT... next time you can just keep the zebra! Sir."

11. Pirates, of course, will always beat ninjas.

11/29/09  01:36pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Animal Fights thread go!

This thread is OFFENSIVE and needs pulled! Who would ossibly entertain the idea of animals fighting for pleasure?

11/30/09  12:36pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 2100140

Animal Fights thread go!

How about Rush Limbaugh versus Michael Moore?

12/01/09  01:42pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 2100509

Animal Fights thread go!

Now you really ARE offensive. You need to go wash out your mouth for even ’muttering’ the name of The Fat One Who Uses Idiots To DeFraud Into Buying His NonSensical Movies.

Better yet, how about a Consevative versus liberal? Remember, real liberals hate violence or some such tripe.

Careful, unless things have changed, politics will get you banned for discussing, as it is/was deemed Offensive to some who are thin-skinned and intolerant.

Having said that, these animal-fight threads are anile, show cruelty and an insensitivity towards our animal friends, is this not so?

12/01/09  04:15pm

Norf
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 2100550

Animal Fights thread go!

Quote:

these animal-fight threads are anile, show cruelty and an insensitivity towards our animal friends, is this not so?

No.

It’s just entertaining. Animals fight for whatever reasons they will. Half of the animals listed wouldn’t even encounter each other in the wild. We are not holding animals in cages waiting for something to happen, it’s a discussion take it easy.

Oh and the conservative would win, hands down haha. (note the ’haha’ after the phrase, it means it was a joke)

1. Brown bear
2. Croc
3. Don’t really care
4. Baboon
5. Chimp
6. Lion (Because Mufasa’s a hero!)
7. Bear again
8. Wolf
9. No idea but I go for rhino
10. Eh, I don’t know.
11. Name it: Pirates, ninjas, samurai, knights, vikings will destroy all!!

12/01/09  05:42pm

Constrictor
View Profile

Message To: Norf   In reference to Message Id: 2100574

Animal Fights thread go!

Chuck Norris vs 12 ninjas 3 pirates and a wolf

12/01/09  10:28pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Animal Fights thread go!

Typical.

It’s OK to ’talk’ about it, just as long as you don’t do it. Nice. You’d fit right in with Michael Vicks ’crew’.

12/02/09  07:00am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Animal Fights thread go!

Enetrtaining?

That would be Michael Moore vs Chuck Norris. Now that I’d PAY to watch, in fact, just to even it up, throw in Alec Baldwin, Barbara Streisand, and Rosie O’Donnell too.

But animals fighting? Why even talk about it? It is beyond childish. In fact , I’ll just lay it all out and say it is Wrong. How about that? It is Wrong to do so. You are Wrong to do so.

12/02/09  07:43am

Norf
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 2100725

Animal Fights thread go!

Quote:

It’s OK to ’talk’ about it, just as long as you don’t do it.

Exactly. I say it’s much better to just talk about some things than to actually go out and do it.

Oh and I’d never pay to see two animals fight. I wouldn’t even pay to watch UFC. It’s all BS.

12/04/09  01:32pm

Sorry, what?
View Profile

Message To: Norf   In reference to Message Id: 2101468

Animal Fights thread go!

Duckmonster, chill out. We’re not making the animals fight, none of us would, but what we’re saying is, if they DID fight, and we couldn’t do anything about it, which would win? We all like animals, but, whether you like it or not, animals fight sometimes. It happens. We’re just discussing the outcomes of different battles.
Also, I have several new ones, and Kudos to the pirate/ninja thing. I guess it’s eleven now, so I’ll start on twelve...

12. nile crocodile vs. salt water crocodile
13. great white vs. one orca
14. sperm whale vs. one orca

Let it be noted that the individuals in the fights are the largest and most fit that their species has to offer.

12/06/09  03:06pm

Constrictor
View Profile

Message To: Sorry, what?   In reference to Message Id: 2102011

Animal Fights thread go!

15.Rhino vs similar size elephant
16. nile monitor vs same size croc monitor
17.polar bear vs brown bear
18. gorliia vs giant panda

12/06/09  09:07pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Constrictor   In reference to Message Id: 2102141

Animal Fights thread go!

12. Saltwater. It’s a little bigger than a Nile, plus it gets way more cardio from chasing Steve Irwin wannabes.

13. Orca. A killer whale is just a dolphin on steroids, and dolphins tend to beat sharks anyway. Plus, we know for a fact that large orcas can exceed 30 feet. Great whites tend to get the same post-mortem shrinkage as giant crocodiles, where alleged 30-footers are only preserved by skulls (jawbones in the shark’s case) that appear to be from 17-18-footers...

14. Sperm whale unless maybe it decides to EAT the orca and chokes, in which case: tie.

15. Elephant. They have two slightly different angles of pointy attack, they’re smarter, they have a more complex social structure which means they’ve indulged in more play-fighting in order to learn self-defense. they grow slower, so an adult elephant is more experienced than an adult rhino. And the trunk is also a weapon. make no mistake, if the elephant slaps the rhino upside the snout with its trunk while they’re charging, which it would, the only penetration is going to be by tusk, not horn.
FYI: I love me some rhinos, but you’ve got to stop putting them against hippos and elephants. Rhino versus bullfighter or rodeo clown: no problem!

16: I’m not sure you could actually FIND a crocodile monitor that had the head and body proportions of an adult NIle. But, assuming equal size however you work it out, I’ll say crocodile. Bigger teeth win.
17. Polar, unless maybe its a Kodiak. Against a grizzly, Eurobrown, etc, then Polar. Polar bears eat WALRUSES! That’s like eating an armored vampire sumo wrestler.

18. Panda. Not as quickly as the brown bear would win, but come on. The gorilla has strength, but no martial arts skills or anything. They push and yell and sometimes bite. They have fangs, but so does the panda, plus an extended muzzle to use them better. Plus, the panda has claws. The gorilla might well convince the panda to run away, but if there was a decisive winner, it would be the panda, although it would probably be very bruised.

Hey, speaking of pandas... Venture Brothers is starting! Gotta go.

12/06/09  11:53pm

Sorry, what?
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 2102181

Animal Fights thread go!

19. dingo vs. pitbull
20. hyena vs. leopard
21. american badger vs. honey badger
22. mountain lion vs. black bear

12/12/09  08:35am

Pythonking
View Profile

Message To: Sorry, what?   In reference to Message Id: 2104019

Animal Fights thread go!

19.pitbull but pitbulls arent as strong as some people think like the wolf vs. pitbull the wolf would win because wolfs are way bigger then the pitbulls maybe a german shepard would win against a wolf ive seen german shepards literally snap a pitbulls neck.
20.leopard unless the hyena was with its pack.
21.american badger they are more agressive.
22.black bear.
okay some newones
23.frilled lizard vs. aussie water dragon
24.komodo vs 15ft long iguana.lol
25. godzilla vs kingcong
remeber this is just goofing around i love animals.

12/31/09  10:32pm

Norf
View Profile

Message To: Pythonking   In reference to Message Id: 2109706

Animal Fights thread go!

For pythonking...

23. Definitely frilled lizard. Not sure why. The frill wins the fight haha.
24. This one is interesting but still komodo. yep.
25. Godzilla, no contest. King kong can fight off those damn V.rex’s from Peter Jackson’s film all he wants but he can’t take out the king of monsters.

01/04/10  06:58pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Norf   In reference to Message Id: 2110736

Animal Fights thread go!

E.T versus Mr. T! ("Ain’t no way I’m flyin’ on no bicycle, fool!")

01/05/10  03:17pm

Pythonking
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 2110979

Animal Fights thread go!

lol. new one michael jackson vs. army of children. i wonder

01/07/10  06:48pm

Radek
View Profile

Animal Fights thread go!

1.Brown bears, maly because I love them.
2.Crocodile. No fight. A Megalenious on the other hand...
3.Wolverines are the most powerful for size animal on planet earth. If they were the size of a small BLACK bear, would be the strongest.
4.Same. Wolverines bring down moose. A monky aint no issue.
5.Chimppanzee
6.Bengal tiger would of killed that lion in seconds.
7.Brown bear would be faster and more powerful. Gorilla Would be killed.
8.Wolf. They’re have to kill to live.
9.Puma would have an upper hand on the jumping part.

These are manly opion, not fact (except the wolverine statements).

01/12/10  09:24pm

Radek
View Profile

Message To: Pythonking   In reference to Message Id: 2111658

Animal Fights thread go!

Srry for double post!

Normaly, with anyone else i’d say "Dude, the guys dead. Hes rotting in his grave. Give him a break." But with Michle Jackson, No. Hes made of plastic. He can’t be rotting. LOL. Hate him.

01/12/10  09:29pm

TurboVtec93
View Profile

Message To: Radek   In reference to Message Id: 2113228

Animal Fights thread go!

I will see you little freaks on the news for rape and mass murders in a few years wont I? If you even think about stuff like this you have problems. To even bring up American Pit Bull Terriers is ignorant in a topic like this. How many of you actually own them and know about the breed?

02/01/10  02:39pm

Radek
View Profile

Message To: TurboVtec93   In reference to Message Id: 2119384

Animal Fights thread go!

Me kinda. Sweetest dog I ever knew (half beagle). And then another took a chuck out of my arm. Lots of stiches. And a person my dad knows had a son who was killed by one. I think I have reason to hate them. as a matter of fact, that little sue (My pit bull) was killed by another Pit bull.

02/01/10  07:42pm

TurboVtec93
View Profile

Message To: Radek   In reference to Message Id: 2119513

Animal Fights thread go!

American Pit Bull Terriers have aggression towards other animals in their blood. Aggression towards humans in cause by humans and humans only. Any dog that bites someone should be put to sleep no ifs ands or buts about it. But to judge an entire breed because of it is crazy. An ex girl friend of mine had to have plastic surgery on her face do to a bite from a yellow lab. Another friend was attacked by a golden retriever and another by his own dalmation. My neighbor has 2 collies that would rip someone apart if they ever got out or off their leash. Their are SO many breeds that are more aggressive than Pit Bulls.

02/01/10  10:51pm

Radek
View Profile

Message To: TurboVtec93   In reference to Message Id: 2119578

Animal Fights thread go!

True. In my opion, the worst is the Brazilian Mastiff. A lady who bred them said you could own them for years and one day they might decide they need to be top dog. My friends neighbor had 3 cats killed by one next door to him. the owner was a great guy and taught are to be nice and socialized her. He bought one as a challenge, but it was an evil beast! It wasn’t aloud any were after it almost killed a cancer kids pet poodle, givin to him by the make a wish foundation. He put it down (thank god). Might have been a bad seed, or had some mental issue, but I don’t like them. I go to meet a pit bull today, and it was very nice. I’m a bit wary, but I think shes changed my mind.

02/02/10  07:39pm

TurboVtec93
View Profile

Message To: Radek   In reference to Message Id: 2119810

Animal Fights thread go!

Radek, I hope you understand I wasn’t trying to start anything by any means. Being an owner of pit bulls my entire life, I feel I owe it to them to stand up for them. I can completely understand you being more cautious around the breed after what happened but please understand they aren’t all bad. I have 3 and they are all sweet hearts and would die for me if a situation ever arised.

02/02/10  10:31pm

Radek
View Profile

Message To: TurboVtec93   In reference to Message Id: 2119873

Animal Fights thread go!

I understand. I think they’re nice dogs now that I have one next door. I understand now why people own them. I love Lucky. Shes the new Bullie. And its only been 2 days of knowing her and I feel like shes family!

02/03/10  12:24pm

Pythonking
View Profile

Message To: Radek   In reference to Message Id: 2120021

Animal Fights thread go!

turbo not all of us are little and i highly doubt people on this thread will become killers and psychotics and it pit bull no terrier in it. Not even a breed of terrier. I have 3 dogs 2 German shepherds and navy my blue pit bull. Wonderful dogs don’t get me wrong. This post was started by boredom.

02/03/10  06:03pm

TurboVtec93
View Profile

Message To: Pythonking   In reference to Message Id: 2120150

Animal Fights thread go!

It is indeed American Pit bull terrier. They were created by mixing bull dogs with terriers in England.

02/03/10  06:58pm

Tino
View Profile

Message To: TurboVtec93   In reference to Message Id: 2120163

Animal Fights thread go!

yo turbo vtec. what car do you have?

02/03/10  10:04pm

TurboVtec93
View Profile

Message To: Tino   In reference to Message Id: 2120207

Animal Fights thread go!

It was a 93 Civic hatch but that was quite a few years ago. I drive an ’06 F350 super duty now.

02/04/10  12:11am
Pages 1 2 Next

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area