Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

MikeIsEvil   Cold Blooded Kisser   Clawedfrogsrule   Clawedfrogsrule   Leira   DragonPaw   DuckMonster   MikeIsEvil  
 Member  Message

MikeIsEvil
View Profile

Any cake decorators/bakers out there?

Hey all. As the title asks, any cake decorators or bakers out there? I work at a bakery and I get to do all kinds of fun stuff at work. I never thought of decorating cakes. Lol. I started working there Sept. 08 just for some cash, and ever since then I found my love for decorating pastries(Im even considering going to school for it). Anyway, if any of you guys out there do bake or decorate, show off!!

Ever since Sept. Ive made Halloween cakes for people, just yesterday I drew Spongebob on a cake for someone and a whole lot of different writings and holiday related things. Anyway, heres a few of the things I have pictures of...

A football cake I made for a lady for the game on Sunday. :D

A going away cake for a fellow employee at work(shes being transfered). Made same day as the football cake, haha.

And this is a giant cookie I decorated for my sister and her boyfriend. They went to a small Christmas party and nobody wanted to eat it cause they didnt want to ruin it, lmao!

Im sure Ill get somemore pics in later this month. So guys, show off if you have any! Any type of art will do, Lol. :D

Mike,

01/31/09  10:24pm

Cold Blooded Kisser
View Profile

Message To: MikeIsEvil   In reference to Message Id: 1944063

Hey Mike!

That’s awesome! You really are talented! That must take a lot of patience.

I love to bake but I’m not into decorating what I bake. Which is kind of funny because I also enjoy painting...........

Anyway I don’t really take pictures of what I bake. I did make 200 Ice Cream Cone cupcakes a year ago and had to take that picture because it was amazing to see all of them packed together. I’d have to search for that picture. If I find it I’ll add it for you.

Can’t wait to see more of your yummy designs.

Holly

02/01/09  07:20am

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Cold Blooded Kisser   In reference to Message Id: 1944189

I bake, and I like to think I decorate pretty decently too ;)
For the holidays I made a snowman cake that was actually in the shape of a snowman, and he had two pretzel rods as arms lol he was pretty cute.
I’ve also been experimenting with fondant as the base icing, it makes decorating sooo much easier, it’s just a hassle to roll out and cover the cake with

I don’t have pics to upload unfortunately...wish I did :( though still it’s nice to see fellow baking enthusiasts out here :)

02/01/09  10:21am

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1944243

btw, I LOVE the cookie cake, it looks awesome!

02/01/09  10:21am

Leira
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1944244

Holy crud, Mike, that’s AWESOME!!!

Of all the things I could never picture you doing, decorating cakes is like #3 on that list, hehe. But wow, I’m amazed! It looks like fun...*shifty eyes*...now I wanna decorate some cakes, hehehe. I’m SO hiring you to do my birthday cake, lol.

You’re so creative with your work, which isn’t surprising, givin the fact that you’re like one of the awesomest artists I know, but keep it up! It must be fun to be able to eat your artwork!
-leira

02/01/09  12:42pm

DragonPaw
View Profile

Message To: Leira   In reference to Message Id: 1944348

Wow, amazing job! :) That cookie is especially nice.

I am not much of a baker, lol. Never tried decorating, but probably not great at that either!

Art-wise, I am more a photographer.

Anyways, great job - hope to see more!

02/01/09  03:10pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: MikeIsEvil   In reference to Message Id: 1944063

Mike,

Kudos where ’Kudos’ are due. Great job! Sure do wish the Cards had come out on top like on the cake tho.

02/02/09  06:42pm

MikeIsEvil
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1945465

Thanks everyone!! :D

LOL, Leira. Only #3? Lmao.

Well, I got in trouble at work for decorating cakes(GAH!) for people, so you guys might not see much. Lol. Stupid employees. Anyways, Im going out tomorrow and buying my own deco kit for home use. Maybe bake a few cakes, etc.

Again, thanks everyone!

Mike,

02/02/09  11:56pm

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area