Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

Amphibiandude   Mattcsw   Mama42   MikeIsEvil   Amphibiandude   Mama42   Mama42   DuckMonster   MikeIsEvil   Rae rae   Bonsaikitteh   JackAsp   Gottee guy  
 Member  Message

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Cure for the flu

please if you know any good ones tell me im dying here

01/31/09  06:46pm

Mattcsw
View Profile

Message To: Amphibiandude   In reference to Message Id: 1943875

Cure for the flu

drink water and stay warm.

01/31/09  10:08pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Mattcsw   In reference to Message Id: 1944049

Cure for the flu

there is no cure for the flu!

but, you can remedy the symptoms. as mentioned above, drink plenty of fluids and stay warm. not too warm though, or it will make you uncomfortable. the best meds i found are Theraflu, Tylenol Flu and Cold, i think its called, and Nyquil/Dayquil. those work the best for me. and sleep!!

01/31/09  10:19pm

MikeIsEvil
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1944055

Cure for the flu

Mama42, didnt god say like "Thus not posion thee soul with drugs of Satan" or something? Lmao, kidding ofcourse.

Yeah try and keep warm and drink alot of fluids. I always drink orange juice when I have the flue. My mom use to always wrap me up in a tight blanket to have me sweat it out.

Feel better. :D

Mike,

01/31/09  10:48pm

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Message To: MikeIsEvil   In reference to Message Id: 1944088

Cure for the flu

thanks

02/01/09  09:15am

Mama42
View Profile

Cure for the flu

oh do we want to get it going again?

lol JK!!

actually, not that, but he did give us the brains to figure out how to feel better. it is only "a drug of SATAN" if it is abused!

hehe...

02/02/09  04:26pm

Mama42
View Profile

Message To: Mama42   In reference to Message Id: 1945315

Cure for the flu

and just to clear the air...

i am not a really religious person. i was born into it and raised in it. i still believe in it, but i dont usually go on about it....like right now!!! lmao but, i do like a good argument or debate, is what i call it...so i was just caught up in that. just to clear the air on that! haha i am (or was) a hellraiser til i had kids. i partied with the rest of em...lol

just so you dont think im some kind of "bible thumper"...lol

i just like to argue! if you couldnt tell......

02/02/09  04:40pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Cure for the flu

Just dang, Mike! :^)

But relly, warm is the key. Flu is viral. Your body develops a fever in an attempt to kill it. I remember a nasty flu as a kid.....(Yeah I know, I had been outside, chipping out a stone wheel...yeah, that was me that invented that) My Mom feed me Hot chicken soup, aspirin, and covered me in a couple blankets. Man, did I get WARM! but in a short time, that extra heat helped kill it and I was on the mend. I do the same now, anytime I get the flu, which is not often.

I think it is scared to come visit me.

02/02/09  06:37pm

MikeIsEvil
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1945457

Cure for the flu

Hahaha, I know M
Yes, my mom did the same thing to me DuckMonster(..wait..you remember that far back? lol!) Id get so very hot until I just sweat the flu out. Lol. Sweating was a pig portion of getting better, haha.

Mike,

02/03/09  12:00am

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: MikeIsEvil   In reference to Message Id: 1945655

Cure for the flu

i’ve only had the flu one time in my life and it was last year. i thought i was literally dying!! i don’t know how you’re even at the computer. i am a smoker and i didn’t even smoke for 2 days because i was in bed, lol! my doctor told me for the fever and aches to take tylenol, 2 hours later take aspirin, 2 hours later take tylenol and just keep repeating. the directions on these say take every 4 hours, so technically you are taking each one every 4 hours but you have something in your system every 2. it helped me out a lot. good luck

02/04/09  08:17pm

Bonsaikitteh
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 1946968

Cure for the flu

Wrestle a Llama.......

Might not cure it but should be pretty funny.

02/06/09  08:05pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Bonsaikitteh   In reference to Message Id: 1948423

Cure for the flu

Take Goldenseal. It doesn’t do anything about the virus itself, but what it does do is harden your snot, so it isn’t running out all day or dribbling down your throat and choking you. I used to get very, very sick every winter. Breathing cold air is sort of my Achilles heel, healthwise. A year or two ago I discovered Goldenseal, and I’ve been fine ever since. During any "danger" seasons, I take two tablets a day, and that lets my body’s natural filtration system do the rest.

If you’re really clogged right now, you’ll also want an expectorant to force some of that stuff out. I suggest Tussin. If all you’re getting is the dribbles, then Goldenseal alone will do the job, but there are two other things that help. One is Claritin. The other, less obvious thing, is Neopsporin. Constantly wiping your nose chafes the skin, and having chafed nostril rims causes your nose to keep running, to keep the skin from drying out and cracking. Rubbing a little bit of ointment on and trying to keep it there will stop that reflex. Meanwhile, the Goldenseal will turn the contents of your nose into a solid, rather than a liquid.

02/08/09  11:00pm

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 1949640

Cure for the flu

i take claritin and singulair.

02/09/09  07:19am

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area