Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

Gecko boy12   Gottee guy   Gecko boy12   Clawedfrogsrule   Gecko boy12   Jynxer50   Clawedfrogsrule   Rae rae   JackAsp   Removed By System   DuckMonster  
 Member  Message

Gecko boy12
View Profile

PETA

This is for all who support PETA or dont know what it is. if I could cuss right now I would.
Link

12/15/08  07:33pm

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: Gecko boy12   In reference to Message Id: 1915023

PETA

i’m confused. what is it? all the animals they euthanized or something?

12/15/08  07:42pm

Gecko boy12
View Profile

Message To: Gottee guy   In reference to Message Id: 1915032

PETA

Look how many that were surrendered by owner. now look at how many were killed.

12/15/08  07:44pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Gecko boy12   In reference to Message Id: 1915034

PETA

I just did a powerpoint exposing PETA and all of the animals they kill, it was my final presentation in class today lol

yeah in 2006 PETA killed 97% of the animals surrendered to their care...they would rather the animals died than had to live (comfortably) in a house with people taking care of it.

In 2005 two PETA workers were arrested for dumping the bodies of 80 dogs and cats in a dumpster behind a supermarket. It turned out the people "rescued" the animals from other shelters, and euthanized them all in the back of their van, then just threw away the bodies.

sick stuff...especially since few people even know about it and just support PETA because they think they save animals...little do they know that their idea of saving is killing.

12/15/08  08:04pm

Gecko boy12
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1915055

PETA

They need a kick in the nuts. im putting this on the exotic fourm to.

12/15/08  08:32pm

Jynxer50
View Profile

Message To: Gecko boy12   In reference to Message Id: 1915074

PETA

Actually, PETA doesn’t really support pets at all. They never said that they were going to save these animals, they are completely against pet ownership. They are against any human or animal interaction AT ALL.

jake

12/20/08  11:09pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Jynxer50   In reference to Message Id: 1917972

PETA

They do tell people that they operate a "rescue" organization. That’s why a lot of pet owners and vets who need homes for adoptable animals turn them over to PETA...little do they know, that the group is operating under false pretenses, and while they do tell people (like overloaded vets) that they will find homes, they make no attempt and just euthanize them. They don’t support pets, but they do adopt out a mininal number of animals too, so even for that they are just so hypocritical in their actions, aside from being misleading.

12/21/08  01:34pm

Rae rae
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1918259

PETA

they’re just a sick cult. point blank. they are messed up in the head and need to be treated as they have treated animals. i know everyone here might not be a christian, but i am. i believe that these sick people will definitely have a horrible place made just for them after they die. i vision that their hell will be all animals that they’ve ever abused/neglected/killed will be 10 feet tall and chasing them horrifically for all eternity. that their hell will be full of animals that put them through exactly the same thing. what do you think, even if you’re not a christian, that’s a pretty good idea right? lol!

12/28/08  05:51pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Rae rae   In reference to Message Id: 1921729

PETA

If they would narrow their focus and admit they can’t do everything, I might like them. I agree with them, for example, that circuses and rodeos are gratuitous. And not every single spokesperson they’ve had call for reform in the chicken-factory industry is a vegan; they actually do have subgroups in which sane people go along for the ride and use their soapbox to try to get good things done.

But if they’re going to focus on that stuff, they need to quit hogging the limelight and donations and start letting other groups do other things. Let other groups run the shelters, because obviously they suck at it. Let other groups handle environmental issues, of which there are ZILLIONS, most of which are far more boring to talk about and do not allow you to get naked in public and imitate a zoo elephant. But their leaders are so convinced are so convinced that they and they alone are Mother Nature’s Chosen People that they don’t dare relinquish any iota of control that they think they possess over anything. They just can’t seem to understand that in the real world, if you want to do anything about the things that matter most to you, sometimes you have to let go of the things that DON’T matter most to you.

Their attitude toward pets is absurd. Oh, I’m all for spaying or neutering most cats and dogs, and even thinking twice about breeding exotics. (Not saying "Don’t ever do it, just... please, think twice. If after that you still don’t have a clear plan for finding decent owners for the offspring, then maybe the world can get by with one less clutch of albino Burmese pythons.) But DOGS AND CATS MOVED IN WITH US OF THEIR OWN FREE WILL! We didn’t go out into the jungle and trap them. They looked around and said "Hey, free food!" And eventually, their decendants realized they liked interacting with us. As long as humans occupy living space on this planet, our homes are a niche that only a few species can occupy. Why stop those few that can?

12/29/08  02:46pm

Removed By System
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 1922394

*General Misc

Removed By System

01/08/09  06:38pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Gecko   In reference to Message Id: 1915023

PETA

Gecko Boy,

Why are you so surprised at this? Actually surprised that a group uses the general love for animals as a way to raise monies for their own purposes and then treats those same animals in ways that the donors never would?

PETA doesn’t ’care’. They do not have any ’animal welfare’ at heart. PETA is just another fund-raising organization, using peoples soft-hearts to loosen the purse strings.

PETA is a sham. And anyone who donates to them is a self-blinded fool.

01/09/09  08:23am

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area