Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

AnimalGirl1993   Clawedfrogsrule   AnimalGirl1993   AnimalGirl1993   Clawedfrogsrule   Scaly   AnimalGirl1993   AnimalGirl1993   Clawedfrogsrule   Amphibiandude   Scaly   AnimalGirl1993   Amphibiandude   Scaly   AnimalGirl1993   AnimalGirl1993   DuckMonster   AnimalGirl1993   Clawedfrogsrule   AnimalGirl1993   Scaly   AnimalGirl1993   Amphibiandude   AnimalGirl1993   Amphibiandude   SlipKnot4ever   Pieperson  
 Member  Message

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

I’m really sad :(

hey guys,
I am really sad...I just found out yesterday that my dad is dying.He has a problem with his heart.

10/14/08  07:50pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1880903

Hey, I’m so sorry. That’s really an absolutely terrible thing to find out, I can’t even imagine what that must be like. I mean when my grandma got cancer, that was tough, but I know with a father that’s just a lot different.
What kind of problem is it? Maybe it’s fixable...
I guess the best advice I can give is just to make this time the best possible, spend lots of time together and try to make things easier for him. Maybe you guys could even just take a day off from school/work and go to a park or zoo or something and take lots of pictures so that you’ll always have great memories together.

I don’t even know what else to say, I’m so so sorry. I wish you guys all the best.

10/14/08  08:03pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1880909

hey,
thanks.we don’t really know yet ,but its not fixable.yah maybe ,but I don’t think i can take off from school I have alot going on right now with school.my dad was never really there for me always working and such ,but still its like I bearly know him and now i never will so,that makes me sad.I almost cried last night in my bed ,but my sister is sleeping in my room since hers smells for some reason and I don’t like to cry in front of people.

10/14/08  08:38pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1880935

its just hard cuz he was never there in my life.then he finally is in your life for a little bit and now he dying.everytime I am mad i would always say I f***in hate him i wish he would die ,but you never really mean it and now he’s dying and it really hurts.

10/14/08  08:55pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1880946

yeah I see what you mean, it’s tough. All of your emotions are just everywhere, and that’s totally to be expected in your situation. It’s a confusing time.
I know about the crying thing, I don’t like crying in front of people either, but sometimes you just need to go somewhere quiet and let it out. When I found out about my grandma I took the dog for a walk and cried outside. It’s really a relief just to get it all out of your system. otherwise it keeps welling up and making you feel even worse. Keeping a journal helps too, it’s like an outlet to express whatever you’re feeling at the moment. You could even write a letter to your dad explaining everything, you don’t have to give it to him, you could rip it up when it’s done, but it does help because it’s like you’re getting everything off your chest that you might not be able to say aloud.

10/14/08  10:26pm

Scaly
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1881019

I am so sorry! My dad died when I was 17, he was shot and died instantly. I never got the chance to say all the things we don’t say when we think well see each other forever. Knowing ahead of time is your blessing in disguise baby, this is your chance to really bond with your dad. Hug your dad every chance you get, talk to him, tell him everything your feeling inside, sing to him, make him get well cards, tell him jokes, or simply just hang out and watch television with him, anything that brings you together. I bet he is scared, its hard especially for men to be sick, they are use to being the strong one, and protecting everyone else, I bet he hates it the most that he cant protect you and your mom and sister from having to experience this. Most of all, don’t be afraid to cry! Have you thought about talking to your school counselor about all this? I bet they have some support groups or other resources they can get you hooked up with. I had to tell my 14 year old son yesterday that my biopsy’s came back as cancer and I have to have a pretty major surgery next week and then start chemo or radiation after that. That was the hardest thing Ive ever had to do in my whole life because as a parent we want to protect our kids from bad things and take them away, but I had to tell him the truth so he knows whats going on. I bet your dad feels a lot like I do, I am not afraid of loosing my own life as much as I am afraid that I will have to leave my kids before they are grown and not be there to keep them happy and safe. Hang in there sweetie, Melisa

10/15/08  02:16am

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: Scaly   In reference to Message Id: 1881112

thanks guys.no I don’t have a school counselor that I can talk to only two people in my class know about it.Its makes me really sad to because I don’t know when he is going to die.it could be a couple days from now weeks or months.idk.

10/15/08  06:21pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1881452

update my mom says he probaly will be dead in like two months.

10/16/08  01:44pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1881905

Well a lot of people live to exceed whatever the doctors think, sometimes people are only supposed to live for months and they end up surviving years later. At least it’s still time to connect and take advantage of, if that’s any consolation...I really don’t know what else to say. I know I can’t help you feel better in this horrible situation.

10/16/08  07:51pm

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1882159

hey im so sorry none of us know how you feel but just know that were here for you

10/16/08  09:21pm

Scaly
View Profile

Message To: Amphibiandude   In reference to Message Id: 1882231

Well, I know exactly how it feels to be a teenager who isn’t really close to dad because hes always at work, and hes gone in the blink of an eye and I never got to tell him that I loved him, and that I realized he worked so much to make a good living for his family so we could grow up in a nice house and have nice things and all that. I don’t want you to know how that feels, and you are going through something so scary and confusing, and my heart just aches for you, you DO still have time to be daddy’s little girl again, go hug your dad really tight right now, and tell him that you love him, and don’t you hold anything back, not the words or the tears or anything! I would put some lipstick on first and kiss his forehead or cheek, so it stays there all day, maby your mom and sister will do it with you, you can put lipstick kisses all over his face and take his picture like that, it would probably make him smile, and would be a nice memory and picture to have. Melisa

10/16/08  11:07pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: Scaly   In reference to Message Id: 1882293

thanks guys.I is hard and everytime is home my mom and him are usually fighting.They were gonna get a divorce ,but then we found out that he’s dying and she is staying with him until he passes.He is avbusive to my mom and such so,I never really liked him that much ,but it has been making me really sad cuz my dad won’t be in my life or anything.

10/17/08  01:05pm

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1882469

oh srry scaly

im so srry o ill clarify i dont know what thats like

10/17/08  04:48pm

Scaly
View Profile

Message To: Amphibiandude   In reference to Message Id: 1882577

Animal Girl, my son is your age and I just want to give you a huge mom hug right now, you poor baby, Im sorry your dad sounds like he has made some really poor choices, I bet hes regretting them right now, and your mom is a saint for sticking around to nurse someone who has been so bad to her! Your in all our hearts and minds and prayers tonight girl, Melisa

10/17/08  10:13pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: Scaly   In reference to Message Id: 1882733

thanks.yah she is pretty strong I wouldn’t stick around if my husband was like that.she only did it for us they were gonna get divorced ,but she is staying with him for now.

10/18/08  01:32pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1882951

and I’ve been trying to cry and I can’t get anything out.

10/18/08  04:16pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1883028

AnimalGirl,

I can not yet imagine the emotions you are experiencing. All my parents are still living, tho my step-Dad is gravely ill, from smoking. This is a hard time. We are all born, we will all die. I am almost 48 and find myslef to be that "18 year old" trapped in an aging body. We all must take our turn as children and adults, and then leave this life.

This may be unpopular here, but know that God loves your Dad. I have said a couple prayers for him, hoping he is Saved. If he is, regardless of behaviors, he will go to Heaven. Perhaps ask him?

In any case AG, he is your Dad. Love him, love his memory. You are half him. No one is perfect, not him, you or I. We all make our mistakes. Speaking as a parent myself, I am sure that he loves you unconditionally. Make your peace with him if you can. May God bless you

10/21/08  07:21pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1885059

thanks yes he believes in God.not only this has been making me really sad now what my mom said is really hurting me.she believes that a crystal thing can tell your future and she asked questions about me.it said I’m gonna be a vet and I’m gonna marry a vet.I don’t believe it though.I’m in a relationship with a guy that I love so much and he’s not a vet.my mom doesn’t know about him ,but that really hurt.I don’t even want to be a vet.I was thinking an animal massager or an animal therapist.That really hurt though why would I wanna leave somebody if I love them?I mean sure we have some rough times and all ,but what relationship doesn’t.he doesn’t know that I love him ,but I do.we have only been going out for like 4-5 months maybe more ,but I have love him so much.I really hurt what she said.I’m really young only 14 ,but I love him alot.she is making me want to cry ,but I can’t for some reason.duckmonster can you pray for me?that what she said was wrong i don’t believe it ,but still.I am gonna do whatever I can to make it not happen.

10/21/08  07:45pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1885079

A crystal ball can’t tell your future, nothing can, not even you. Things have a way of just working out in different ways. To be a vet, you’d really have to make quite an effort, and since you don’t seem to keen on that idea, I wouldn’t worry about it. Your mom might just be trying to point you in a certain direction that she thinks would be more successful, she doesn’t mean to hurt you, and probably has no idea that it even bothers you. You could talk to her about it, or you could always just attribute that as one of her quirks.
At some point you’ll probably have to tell your parents about your boyfriend, it might not be so bad. I wish my grandma could’ve met my boyfriend before she died...
Even if your parents don’t accept him at first, they can always get used to him. My parents didn’t want me seeing my boyfriend, but after a while they got to know him and see he’s a really good guy, and now they like him, which is incredible.
I know you have a lot going on right now, more than anyone should have to deal with, just please stay strong and don’t worry about some crystal ball. And if you can’t cry, that’s fine too, just so you know. Everyone deals with things in their own way, even just talking like this and saying what you need to might just be your way of coping with everything.

10/21/08  09:54pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1885191

thanx that made me feel alot better.I finally cried yesterday.It didn’t get it all out though cuz it was more of a silent cry because my sister was in the bed on my floor since she has been sleeping in my room.I finally cried cuz I asked the crystal in my head yesterday if me and my boyfriend would still be friends when we broke up and it said no.that hurt me so bad it made me feel sick.I don’t even want to break up with him why would you break up with someone if you love them.yah me being a vet I don’t want to put the effort into it.too much school plus you have to know math and such and I’m failing math right now and am really bad in it.the midterm and final will help get it up though.no actually my mom thinks its real and its been hurting me so much.she doesn’t know its hurting me because she doesn’t know I’m dating somebody.if she did then she would probaly understand.I’m not even suppose to be dating thats why I didn’t tell her.this is just really hurting me.

10/22/08  12:30pm

Scaly
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1885443

You are 14 sweetie, you have too much to worry about right now without adding the worry about if you will stay with this first love or marry a vet! Stop worrying about things so far in the future, right now you need to focus on yourself, and whats happening with your dads health, and school today. Take it day by day, and if you like this boy and he is good to you then take it easy and slow down. I dont know what to think of your mom and her crystal, maby she is confused and a little lost, and need to believe in something. What about grandparents or aunts and uncles? Talk with one of them, and maby someone can take you to church with them even if mom doesn’t go, you could even go to church with a friend and their parents, churches have youth pastor and youth groups, I think that could offer you a lot of good guidance and comfort right now! Ive been praying for you too, there are a lot of people who don’t even really know you who care! Hang in there baby, Melisa

10/22/08  02:11pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: Scaly   In reference to Message Id: 1885492

I’m not gonna only think of myself.I don’t really care about school or anything right now.This is what has been on my mind.I love my guy and what she said really hurt me.I don’t care if I’m just 14 you can kind of tell if you love somebody or not.I don’t want to be a vet so,what she said is wrong.I am gonna stay with this one.Even if i have some problems with him I can always fix them.I don’t really like my mom at this point and the crystal is just pure crap.no if I talked to my aunts uncles or whatever they would just gossip about it and eventually they would tell my mom.I hate going to church so,no thats out of the question plus all of my family lives in chicago except for my grandpa and he lives in New Jersey where I live ,but he is hard at hearing and would probalty tell on me and my uncles one lives in arizona and the other in washington.so,they would not help me.I’m just gonna not believe in what the crystal says and figure out my own problems by myself and stay with my guy.Thanx for praying for me.I know what i wrote may have come off as rude ,but its how I feel and I really love my guy and want to be with him and she is hurting me badly.

10/22/08  03:17pm

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1885532

once again imm so sorry ill pray for you and your dad i really whish i could do sumthing to help

10/22/08  07:53pm

AnimalGirl1993
View Profile

Message To: Amphibiandude   In reference to Message Id: 1885737

thanx amphibiandude.:)

10/23/08  06:34pm

Amphibiandude
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1886347

yur welcome i wish i could like send some present over the internet but i cant so ... ya once again im srry

10/23/08  08:51pm

SlipKnot4ever
View Profile

Message To: Amphibiandude   In reference to Message Id: 1886451

i’m sorry. best of luck to you and your family

10/28/08  06:39pm

Pieperson
View Profile

Message To: AnimalGirl1993   In reference to Message Id: 1880903

Good for him id be happy about that too