Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

Evaesis   Dane_Zoo   Evaesis   Clawedfrogsrule   KMA   Commander toad  
 Member  Message

Evaesis
View Profile

Bad Petstores

We have this petstore in town that is absolutely horrible, I mean seriously. I just bought a redtailed boa from there and was alittle concerned because the right side of his head was swollen. Now I asked the "reptile manager" about it and he said that it was okay. That they had taken him to the vet and it was just a abnormality in the snake’s head. Also that he was eating fine and there was nothing to worry about.

Now not even a week later the "nothing to worry about" has turned into a very much worryful event. I went to check on Antauri (his name) and the swelling seemed a bit off. I picked him up and looked at his mouth, he has yellow, white, and green coming from the side o his mouth. *which he proceeded to wipe on me* Now I know that is not normal so I looked closer and it was just all over.

I checked it out and apparently he has a bad case of mouth rot. Now I know that that bad of a case could not have gotten that bad in less then a weeks time. They sold me a bad snake and lied to me about it. My mom called them to find out what vet they took him to and the vet they said doesn’t even treat snakes.

Also apparently this isn’t the first time they have done this with their reptiles....and even their puppies. What am I to do, I can’t let this happen to someone else.

Evae

09/02/08  09:49pm

Dane_Zoo
View Profile

Message To: Evaesis   In reference to Message Id: 1849990

Bad Petstores

congratulations, you didn’t do you’re research

09/02/08  10:13pm

Evaesis
View Profile

Message To: Dane_Zoo   In reference to Message Id: 1850025

Bad Petstores

I beg your pardon, I am asking for help not snide remarks.

09/02/08  10:54pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Evaesis   In reference to Message Id: 1850061

Bad Petstores

contact the headquarters or whoever’s in charge and explain the situation. They’ll probably offer you a refund, but most likely you’ll have to give up the snake. Otherwise you can get it treated by a vet, have them write something explaining the severity of the case and timeframe and maybe bring them to court or try to get reimbursed. I doubt local media will be interested in the case, but you could always try, even just to warn other people about the store.

09/03/08  03:55pm

KMA
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1850546

Bad Petstores

oh come on now, why would you even buy from a pet store that horrible in the first place? chances are you won’t get a refund, but always try a vet, if the vet that you went to didn’t help, find a new one, there is obviously something wrong with this poor creature, and you have to get it fixed
lol, or you can always try sue

09/07/08  02:24am

Commander toad
View Profile

Message To: Evaesis   In reference to Message Id: 1849990

Bad Petstores

Maybe you should take some pics and you and your mom go to the police station and report animal abuse or neglect and then start like a petition or something to back it up.

Good Luck ,and I hope your snake heals fast!
- Commander Toad

P.S. this is a serios problem and that pet store has to close.

09/19/08  08:11pm

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area