Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

FutureVet123   KMA   FutureVet123   DuckMonster   Dislimbed   Gottee guy   FutureVet123   Clawedfrogsrule   DuckMonster   Clawedfrogsrule   DuckMonster   Clawedfrogsrule   DuckMonster   Clawedfrogsrule   FutureVet123   DuckMonster   XxxShoc+Collarxxx   FutureVet123   XxxShoc+Collarxxx   FutureVet123   Commander toad  
 Member  Message

FutureVet123
View Profile

I need your help on choosing music for an awareness video

So, I’m trying to make a slideshow video for YouTube, my Facebook, Bebo, and My Space to raise awareness about animal abuse and neglects, and pit bulls will definitely be a highlight of the video.
I need advice on what music to use.
Here are the two I am interested in using, listen to the WHOLE SONG and let me know your opinion and why!!!!
Look up these songs on YouTube (I can give you links by request if that would be more helpful).
The first one is "Love Remains The Same"by Gavin Rossdale and the second one is "What About Now?!?!" by Daughtry. I think Daughtry’s has a little bit of the edginess I’m looking for, but it’s also used in a hurricane katrina video, but I could use it in my video too. I’m swaying to the first one, but I don’t know if the whole song carries my message (the good parts are later on in the song, that’s why you have to listen to the whole song). I am IN LOVE with the chorus to the first one (I never thought that I had any more to give...)!!!!
So let me know!!!! Thanks in advance so much!!!!
-Peaches and Jeni
p.s. if you have any more suggestions or pictures to contribute, let me know!!!! Thanks in advance so much!!!!

08/20/08  11:07pm

KMA
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 1837783

oh come on now, i’m sure you can use all of them, like how many pictures can you possibly have to make one and only slide show?

08/21/08  01:55am

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: KMA   In reference to Message Id: 1837883

Oh, I never thought about that, thanks!!!
-Peaches and Jeni

08/21/08  07:49pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Future Vet, may I suggest, since you are not a Vet, yet want to be, that you eschew ’activism’ in lieu of education so you CAN be a Vet? No one questions where your heart is, but put your energies into learning your ’craft’, then, if needed, engage in activism. Just my $0.03. (inflation, 2 cents not worth much anymore)

08/22/08  08:44pm

Dislimbed
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1839797

Duck you speak VERY complicated lol, i dont think she got that.

I reccomend "She Works Hard For The Money" by Donna Summer for your video.

08/23/08  02:20am

Gottee guy
View Profile

Message To: Dislimbed   In reference to Message Id: 1840064

well,just don’t put happy music on.

i can’t understand half of what duckmonster means in his posts,yet that two cents inflation was funny.

08/23/08  09:30am

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Gottee guy   In reference to Message Id: 1840183

I don’t get everything in the WAY Duck said it, but I understand what you’re getting at. Are you suggesting that I get active and do something physically for animals instead of just education in the form of videos and such? If you are (not quite sure), yes, I’m a volunteer at the shelter we adopted our cat from.
Thanks,
-Peaches and Jeni!!!!!

08/23/08  04:29pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 1840478

I think he actually meant the opposite lol He wants you to get educated, and then do activism later on if you still have time/think it’s necessary. Honestly I think you should keep doing what your doing, there’s no reason you can’t be active and get an education. And for the record I think that what you’re doing is fantastic, stand up for what you believe and work for what you think is right! :)

08/23/08  10:49pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1840822

So, Clawed, let me get this right, You feel an education is secondary to ’doing the right thing’? There are SO MANY uneducated people doing ’the right thing’ now, might we perhaps try education first? Just a thought.

08/24/08  11:45pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1841671

That’s not what I said or meant. I’m saying that you can get an education while still being active in what you believe in. There’s no reason to choose one or the other, she can do both and have success in both areas at the same time. I’m in college getting educated right now, but that doesn’t mean I have to sacrifice my involvement in the community and other things. I just make time for both.

08/25/08  08:05pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1842467

And I am sying that it would be best to concentrate your time, money effort, energy on that which will benefit you the most. That is an education. Focus is required, especially in a medical curriculum.

And your educational field would be?........ anything as rigorous as medicine? Just wondering. I started vet school, UC Davis, stuck it out till i had no more $$$. I can tell ya, from A’s and B’s in High School, I finally had to WORK at school. Yeah, waste time and energy on activism, that’ll work.

08/25/08  08:45pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1842527

I’m studying journalism and am also in a program of study kind of like international studies (hard to explain, it’s a special thing my college offers)

the activism this girl is involved in (online videos) doesn’t really require much/if any money, and is something that can be done in spare time. Education should come first, but that doesn’t mean she has to drop everything else. And in fact, getting involved now while she’s young will GREATLY help her get accepted into better colleges and will give her a much more interesting resume. It is something colleges look for, and will make her stand out more against other students. She has a while to go before college, but what she’s doing now will certainly help more than hurt her future aspirations.

08/26/08  07:00pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1843374

First off Clawed, let me say "KUDOS" to you for you persuing an education. Journalism? Well, I hope you stand head and shoulders above the rank and file of what we call ’journalists’ in this country. I don’t think that would be too difficult.

Would you like to share the links to those videos? I would like to see some of your work. While I might critique or discuss them, I promise I will not under any circumstance flame you if I disagree.

Ok, you did indeed give an example of ’right-side’ protests. Here is the difference, as minor as it may seem. MOST of the abortion clinic protestors are not violent, do not verbally ’abuse’ the ’customers. They WILL try to disuade, they WILL show pictures of destroyed children. They are there to try to persude a woman not to Kill her Child. Kinda special if you ask me.

Have there been violent incidents? Yes, and when there were, there was an outcry from the religious community that those actions were not right, that they did not reflect how Christians should behave.

So, when protestors in Denver are throwing bags of poo, throwing bottles of urine or rocks at police, who on the ’left’ stands up to say that is not a correct way to behave? And what is it they are protesting that requires such behavior that is not refuted? Politics? Thats how we do politics now in this country?

Come on journalist (Just a friendly jab, no offense), look at both sides, examine them, look and listen to videos and See the difference in behavior and message. Especially important is the refutation (or NOT) when bad behavior happens.

08/26/08  09:28pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1843603

well I guess you mean futurevet’s videos, I don’t really do videos, I’m more of a letter writer myself. But I guess you could try to find hers on youtube, I don’t have the links for them.

violent anti-war protests are refuted, though perhaps quietly and not necessarily by fellow lefties...I guess anyone wanting true peace would be against that kind of action.

I do try to see things from all sides to get the grand picture. I read articles and watch news and videos, and try to base my opinion on what I gather. I am open to new ideas, but very cautious about the sources and whether or not they are reputable.

08/26/08  10:07pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1843645

OMG!!!!! You went to UC Davis?!?!?! That has been the college of my dreams since I was 9!!!! I am in 8th grade and I guarantee that I will pursue a degree in veterinary medicine (hopefully I’ll get a minor in biology or nutrition to work at a zoo just in case I can’t make it out of vet school for some reason). I looked up many of the 28 vet colleges in the U.S. and the 2007 ranking list. The closest to me are here in Illinois, next to me in Iowa, where my dad went, Michigan, Ohio, etc. When I found out how expensive UCD was, that wasn’t really an open option for me. I mean, I’m in all the extra curricular activities I can be in in hopes of paying off as much of my college as possible with scholarships, but UCD is still so expensive, and I have other siblings in college now and heading to college after me, and plus, transportation would end up costing me as much as the college itself practically!! And how would I see my family? Pay hundreds to ride a plane to Illinois every 3 or so months? Nah. Right now Michigan State and Ohio State are my best bets.
-Peaches and Jeni

08/28/08  09:19pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 1845605

I grew up in California, so I was an in-state resident, not quite so expensive, but still steep, even back then. I did love the campus.

09/02/08  06:39pm

XxxShoc+Collarxxx
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1849735

i reccommend My immortal by evanescence

09/03/08  02:36pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: XxxShoc+Collarxxx   In reference to Message Id: 1850476

Well I’ve picked the best song (the best I can think of), Meant To Live by Switchfoot, and of course Love Remains the same by gavin rossdale, I think the first one really represents what I’m trying to say very well.
Thanks for all your suggestions, I’ve got about 1/4-1/2 the pics and 3/4 of the info I’m gonna have, so it’s all going well.
Thanks,
-Peaches and Jeni

09/05/08  11:17pm

XxxShoc+Collarxxx
View Profile

Message To: FutureVet123   In reference to Message Id: 1852465

very good choices!!! i made a slideshow with Meant to live on it....Perfect.!!

09/10/08  05:35pm

FutureVet123
View Profile

Message To: XxxShoc+Collarxxx   In reference to Message Id: 1856241

-Peaches and Jeni

09/11/08  05:59pm

Commander toad
View Profile

Have any of you seen that commercial where those dogs are talking about how they are forced to fight no matter what and yet they still remain loyal to the people who make them do it? I think all animals just see the good in people even if those same cruel people abuse them.... that commercial makes me cry...

good luck on getting your message out!
Commander Toad
PS go with the first song.

09/19/08  08:23pm

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area