Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

Mrs. froggie   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Dislimbed   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Angelkitty   Mrs. froggie   ThatGuyImTheShadows   The White Wolf   Reptililian Boy   DuckMonster   Pythonking   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Rallaster   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Miss.Froggie   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   Angelkitty   JackAsp   Lovetheleo   Miss.Froggie   Jynxer50   Ash104   Ash104  
Pages 1
 Member  Message

Mrs. froggie
View Profile

Family Guy!!!

Hey hey,

Am I the only one on RZ that loves Family Guy?? I mean come on, I just can’t get enough!! Very funny!! Here are a few of my favorite quotes: "Come here Jesse, smell my finger, smells good don’t it"? - Old perv man. "I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today". "Ohh.. what’s happing in my pants? Looks like there is going to be six more weeks of winter". - Old perv man.
Here is a skit that I LOVE:
Sneakers ’O Tool: "I never take my sneakers off, I am sneakers o tool".
First Cop: "Take those sneakers off"!
Sneakers ’O Tool: "No"!!
First Cop: "Take them off"!
Sneakers ’O Tool: "No"!!!! *Runs*
Second Cop: "Awww... Let him go, we will never catch him, not in these shoes".
Sneakers ’O Tool: "I never take my sneakers off, I am still Sneakers ’O Tool"!!

Goooddd Times!

Family Guy fans United!!

08/16/08  06:28pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Mrs. froggie   In reference to Message Id: 1833122

Family Guy!!!

No, you are definitely not the only one that loves Family Guy, or King of the Hill or Drawn Together, or South Park, or Ren and Stimpy. All classics, none really suitable for kids ;^)

08/16/08  06:40pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1833133

Family Guy!!!

I use to like Family Guy alot, back when I was in middle school/early high school. As I got older, it just got annoying. The whole show seems to be comprised of fart jokes and cheesy flask backs. It does have its moments though. I prefer Futurama and South Park over Family Guy though. Lol..:)

Mike...

08/17/08  01:25am

Dislimbed
View Profile

Message To: Mrs. froggie   In reference to Message Id: 1833122

Family Guy!!!

i love family guy
especially herbert.

08/17/08  02:18am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1833531

Family Guy!!!

Ah yes, Futurama, another great one.

08/17/08  08:42am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1833661

Family Guy!!!

Mhmm..I hate the fact it was moved to Conedy Central though. Lol..Screwed up my TV watching sched! Lol.

Mike...

08/17/08  02:54pm

Angelkitty
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1833968

Family Guy!!!

I do love Family Guy! I know I shouldn’t but I just do!!! lol. I LOVE almost all cartoons. Especially the old ones: smurfs, snorkels, fraggle rock (not a toon but still cool), etc
Angel

08/18/08  12:50pm

Mrs. froggie
View Profile

Message To: Angelkitty   In reference to Message Id: 1834886

Family Guy!!!

It’s true, Family Guy rocks! I like Futurama as well, but I would watch Family Guy over that any day. I just love that show!!

08/18/08  02:53pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Mrs. froggie   In reference to Message Id: 1835065

Family Guy!!!

Cant forget Rockos Modern Life!!! My all-time favorite cartoon as a kid(well..of the small amount I actually did watch..Lol). Holy hell, I remember Snorkels!!!! Those were the days.....Lol...:D

Mike...

08/20/08  05:32pm

The White Wolf
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1837422

Family Guy!!!

I do like family guy but I really like futurama and aqua teen hunger force the most

08/21/08  07:33pm

Reptililian Boy
View Profile

Message To: The White Wolf   In reference to Message Id: 1838669

Family Guy!!!

Are you dilusional? Family Guy rocks and considered the funnier Simpsons!

08/21/08  08:00pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1837422

Family Guy!!!

OK, Mike,
Kid toons? Try finding Kimba the White Lion or Gigantor, or The ThunderBirds

08/21/08  09:25pm

Pythonking
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1838805

Family Guy!!!

family has a warning for kids but only kids really watch it. i think it is stupid and very pointless. i hate the fact it has long stupid moments. like the huge rooster fights. i like south park and futerama. i would think simpsons is more funnier than family guy. dont watch simpsons anymore though. lol duch monster

08/22/08  12:25am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Pythonking   In reference to Message Id: 1838973

Family Guy!!!

Duckmonster......Was I alive back when those were on?...LOL....:P

Mike...

08/22/08  01:00am

Rallaster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1838993

Family Guy!!!

Aaalllrriiiiggghhhttt! Giggity, Giggity.

08/22/08  08:03am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1838993

Family Guy!!!

Mike,

Probably not, but that doesn’t change their ’cultural importance’ LOL

08/22/08  08:17pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1839774

Family Guy!!!

HAHA!! Ok..Ill believe you..Lmao..:D

Mike..

08/23/08  01:03am

Miss.Froggie
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1840024

Family Guy!!!

We were a beach. Everybody had matching towels. Some body went under a dock. And there they found a rock. But it wasn’t a rock, it was a rock lobster! ....... ROCK LOBSTER......

Family guy is my most favorite show ever. I love those long weird moments and ect. It just rocks!

08/23/08  09:15pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Miss.Froggie   In reference to Message Id: 1840724

Family Guy!!!

The Jetsons and the Flintstones Rule!!!

08/25/08  12:21am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1841711

Family Guy!!!

Hahaha!! I watched them here and there, not alot at all though. I was def. a Nick kid when I was younger. Never watched Cartoon Network or Disney. I was such a horrible little kid. Lol..:D

Mike...

08/25/08  12:29am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1841719

Family Guy!!!

And lets not forget RoadRunner. Or my favorite Bugs Bunny cheer:

Rick ’em Rack ’em
Reck ’em, Ruck ’em
Get that ball
And Really Fffff...ight

08/25/08  07:10pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1842404

Family Guy!!!

Eh, never really was into Bugs. I did love Road Runner and Wiley Coyote though! :D

Mike...

08/26/08  12:40am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1842721

Family Guy!!!

Yeah, Bugs was probably a bit tame compared to some of todays stuf, but there is actually alot of good humor in there, some of it for adults even, if you listen and pick up on it, like that above ’cheer’.

That coyote, what can ya say? Gotta love him.

08/26/08  07:07am

Angelkitty
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1842811

Family Guy!!!

My all time favorite toon was the vulture from Bugs Bunny named Beaky Buzzard: my momma dun told me to get something for dinner; oooo no no no. I LOVE that toon!
http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=HGcuv9CqAsU&feature=related (no space between you and tube)

Remember the Thundercats!

Angel

08/26/08  10:51am

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1841711

Family Guy!!!

On the surface, the Jetsons and Flintstones were the Futurama and Simpsons of their time. But even though I personally actually enjoy Fuurama more, there was so much that The Simpsons did first that I have to say that when you look back on them there is just no comparison.

As Futurama ages and the comparisons between future and what was present-day 5-8 years ago, and some of the jokes start to get dated, it actually gives me a better apreciation of how good the Jetsons must have been when the cultural referances were less dusty.

Flintstones, of course, was a complete Honeymooners ripoff, but since I grew up watching the Flintstones I am completely unable to watch The Honeymooners without wondering "Hey, didn’t that dishwasher used to be a baby elephant?"

The Simpsons was one of the first sitcoms to go postmodern and actually parody the entire sitcom genre. Just as in the late 60s there was a break from the escapist "I Love Lucy" type comedies with shows like "All in the Family" that dealt, no matter how exaggeratedly, with issues that were on people’s minds in real life, around 1990 people began to respond favorably to writing that not only knew what cliches you were expecting but took great pleasure in mocking those expectations. The result was, for the most part, better television. Oh, the 80s had a few great comedies, like "Night Court" and "Cheers" and "WKRP," but generally speaking I’ll watch an average 90s sitcom over an average 80s or earlier sitcom any day. The thing is, though, now that pretty much ALL sitcoms do it to some extent, the fact that The Simpsons does isn’t a big deal any more.

Family Guy has some revolutionary techniques, from a writing standpoint. The way they will absolutely BEAT a semi-funny joke into the ground for two minutes until it becomes hilarious, for example. But it hasn’t actually spearheaded a revolution, stylistically speaking, the way The Simpsons has. So between that, the fact that it hasn’t been on the air since 1987 the way The Simpsons has, and the fact that it isn’t devoted to parodying a pretty much dead genre the way The Simpsons is (Marge is the 1980s version of old-fashioned housewife; Lois is certainly not!) Family Guy is going to look from some angles like the more important show. So far, as far as longterm influence, The Simpsons still has the edge on it though.

Family Guy has taught the common viewer to study comedic techniques more closely, and it helps remind everyone that no one has ever been killed by a fart joke, and it’s certainly had an effect on how we deliver sarcasm, but whether it’s a Big Cultural Factor like All in the Family/ MASH/ The Simpsons/Seinfeld, etc ,or just one of hundreds of brilliant and funny shows that have existed, remains yet to be seen.

We’re going through a GREAT period for cartoons right now, perhaps because television-writing itself has finally evolved sufficiently.

There was a Golden Age, which was dominated by Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Mickey Mouse I’ll watch old Looney Tunes any day! Especially Daffy, Wile E., Speedy, or Foghorn. Actually, as formulaic as the storylines were, Popeye cartoons were quite full of comedic innovation as well.

Then in the late 60s there was sudden spike in quality as well: Bullwinkle, Geoerge of The Jungle, Danger Mouse, The Jetsons, Underdog, Spiderman... hell, I’ll even list Flintstones and Scooby-Doo as guilty pleasures. Call that the Silver Age.

The Postmodern Age, or at least Trend, started in the late 80s, but wasn’t really embraced until a bit later. Really, it started with kid’s cartoons that spoofed kid’s cartoon concepts. Teenaged Mutant Ninja Turtles was originally a comic book that spoofed other comic books. In print, that was more obvious, because the difference between a good adult comic and bad adult comic was more noticeable than the diference between a good kid’s cartoon of that era and a bad one. So onscreen, the original concept was obscured slightly, but the original intent was there. And I did enjoy watching it. It was a funny show.

A clearer early example would be Tiny Toons Adventures, which broke the ground for Animaniacs, which led to, on the kid’s front: Earthworm Jim, the Pinky and the Brain spinoff, Frakazoid, and quite possibly even The Tick geting a TV cartoon, although The Tick of course was also strongly rooted in the old Adam West Batman. And on the adult front, the deconsructionist trend was being spearheaded by The Simpsons and aided tremendously by both Beavis and Butthead and South Park. The trend seems to have continued into its third decade even, but it’s dominance is beginning to fracture.

I think that once people are taking less for granted, surprising them with the opposite of what they USED TO expect starts to have a lot less value. So the hunt is on for the Next Big Thing. Or, more accurately, the Next Bunch of Big Things, because trend do overlap with one another historically.

And, just to show I don’t walk around all day taking this stuff this seriously, don’t forget Strong Bad.

08/26/08  11:13am

Lovetheleo
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 1842959

Family Guy!!!

i loove family guy

my favorite part is when future stewie says he goes back in time and jesuses powers mught have been exagerated and they shw him doing that finger thing

na na na na na na na na look it up on you tube it is one of my favorite scenes

i also loove watching american dad and futurama

never really got into the whole southpart thing i always found it soo dumb and simpsons is ok

08/27/08  07:58pm

Miss.Froggie
View Profile

Message To: Lovetheleo   In reference to Message Id: 1844529

Family Guy!!!

I’m gald to love soem lovers of family guy. Family guy is just great.

I like the one when Stewie bugs his mom and starts saying " mommy, mommy, mommy, Louis, Louis, Louis, momma, momma, momma". Then Louis says "what"? Stewie says "Hi!". LOL

08/27/08  09:51pm

Jynxer50
View Profile

Message To: Miss.Froggie   In reference to Message Id: 1844674

Family Guy!!!

Just bumpin this post up with the fact that I LOVE family guy lol. great show. my absolute favorite moment has to be when peter wakes up and says "oh, i had the craziest dream i was eating a sheep" and then he goes "oh god where’s my pillow?!" he finds his pillow then he says "OH GOD, wheres the sheep!!??" he looks down and there’e a half-eaten bloody sheep crawling around his bedroom!!!!! hahahah rotflmao!!!!!!

Jake

10/18/08  09:05pm

Ash104
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1833661

Family Guy!!!

Futurama rules dude!!!!!!! The old perv guy’s name is Herbert. The best charactor on family guy is Evil Monkey Who Lives In The Closet. Yea he’s osm.

11/02/08  12:42pm

Ash104
View Profile

Message To: Pythonking   In reference to Message Id: 1838973

Family Guy!!!

Quote:

hate the fact it has long stupid moments. like the huge rooster fights.

The Rooster Fights are funny tho. (i am totaly againt fighting in real life tho.....)

11/02/08  12:50pm
Pages 1

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area