Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   DuckMonster   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   Dagobert   ThatGuyImTheShadows   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   DragonPaw   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Reptililian Boy   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DragonPaw   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows  
Pages 1 2 Next
 Member  Message

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

What has this world come to?

Ive seen some pretty disgusting crap in this world, but some things are just plain rediculous. I was just sitting here searching around You-Tube for Tailess Whip Scorpion videos, since Im looking into purchasing one. I come across one video titled Tarantula Vs Scorpion Vs Centipede....So I was like...wow...I clicked it just to see if like, it was real. It turns out..ITS A SHOW IN JAPAN. An actual show where they put different creatures in one small glass tank and record the "fight"...They actually show the stats, their "weapons", and everything. Its truely disgusting and horrible, and to be honest, I think only in Japan youd find a show like that. Ive seen some a--hole kids from all over making videos of snakes and leopard geckos fighting, bugs and this or that, but for someone to make a show and do this? I find it extremely rediculous and disgusting. Its as bad as the video of a Japanese zoo feeding their lions and tigers LIVE cows to entertain the guests! And giving them chickens to put through the slots of the bus so the lions and tigers can come up to the truck and eat.........its pitiful. If you dont believe me, or would like to see for yourself....here ya go:

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=VKXrUEakUKs&feature=related

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=gt5_Pil3dHM&feature=related

Just remove the spaces......

Just wow.....What are people thinking now a days??

Mike...

08/12/08  01:46am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1827915

I do believe you. And staging fights for entertainment is wrong.

Allowing animals to eat as they would naturally, what is wrong with that? Nothing I say.

08/12/08  09:12am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1828102

"As they would naturally"

...Umm..They are in a fixed, enclosed environment...nothing natural about that. And its for the sake of the animal, why throw a large cow in a pen for the animals to eat? While they can just use processed meat..Well..wow...If you think about this, this goes back to my Peta post..Where animals are just better off being killed as they do in the wild, verses in a slaughter house..LOL...But you must get what im trying to get across...Feeding a scared defenseless cow to a pride of lions to ENTERTAIN guests???? But then again, this is coming from me here..I feed F/T mice to my snakes, and only feed live crickets because my gecko wont touch anything else, same with my mantis and tarantula. If there was other ways, Id do it, but a gecko eating a cricket is a snap, quick and done...Cant say much for my mantis or tarantula...Lol...But what Im really trying to get across is...if theres another, painless way..Why not do it? ESPECIALLY for a zoo...which is supposed to be filled with professionals. Also, from what Ive seen in Asian zoos(not all ofcourse) they are terrible.Theres plenty of videos on you-tube showing a japanese zoo with horrible cages for their animals. Just concrete blocks with iron bars...There was an elephant, bored in its "home"..which was about the size of my bedroom with a concrete floor and huge iron bars......

If Im going to feed my predatory animal anything, I try and give the best to BOTH animals..Food and predator. You should even see my cricket set-ups. They are spoiled rotten and I treat them as if they are my pets. Why? Because they are living, breathing creatures no matter what..food or not, they are no different then my gecko...tarantula....mantis....etc...

Mike...

08/12/08  03:28pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1828506

...Ummm, whether or not I sit in a restaurant or out on the rim of the Grand Canyon, I pretty much eat the same, enjoy the same kinds of food.

If they used processed meat to feed the animals, don’t they then have to go through the "Horrible killing machine" of a slaughter house. I believe you said on another thread that an animal would probably PREFER to be torn apart by a Lion, rather than be put through the torture of a slaughter house. So, is it not humane to let the Lion kill the cow?

I understand what you say about the ’entertainment’ issue. Not sure I see the ’wrongness’, just maybe that it should not be so.

And thusly, you aid me in pointing out something I have had to try to tell people here often. The US and our, usually, pointless hand-wringing PC attitude, our rights, our culture, oure mores, do NOT exist outside our borders. Go see the world, and come home, thanking God you are an American.

We are a good people overall. We do care. The rest of the world, in general (not speaking in secifics here) doesn’t care at all. I’ve been around a bit. Case in point is all the video you are describing. Were it here in the US, someone would end up arrested. Not so in Japan. Different place.

Oh, the good news? for the Olympics, China has taken Dog off the restaurant menus in Beijing.

08/12/08  03:51pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1828506

Oh, Mike, check out the Hideous Chemical Pollution thread. You seem like an intelligent person. (No, that was not me being sarcastic)

08/12/08  03:55pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1828540

http://jflores.com/jokes/chowmein.htm

08/12/08  04:13pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1828548

I no not all people are bad, but Im speaking in a general sense. There are great people out there, but also really horrible people. What Im saying is, the zoo should be a bit more at a professional level when feeding their animals. Its a zoo, not a "We only care about our lions so we dont like any other animal" place. Lol. They should consider the welfare of ALL animals, regardless if its food or on display.

As im typing this, my dad is watching a video of the horror stories of dolphin abuse in China..Funny huh? Im watching this, and Im absolutely disgusted. Hunting the dolphins in horrible ways and keeping them for captivity to ship off to zoos and aquairums. But also, this one guy who hunted dolphins..the dolphins cried so much, they got to him and he felt for them. And he stopped hunting, and went on to develop a rescue. I no not all people are bad, but...It just bugs me very much so.....

And thanks..:) Good to no you arent being sarcastic at this case and point. :P

Mike...

08/12/08  04:15pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1828569

A zoo should consider, first and foremost, the care and welfare of the animals they keep. All else is secondary.

Japanese historically eat dolphin and whale, again, that is their culture. Change in their culture should come from within, not from the PC US. When Japan decides it is wrong to eat whale, they will no longer hunt them.

It bugs me too that the world is so screwed up. But it is what it is. I concern myself first with my own little corner of the world and, when I have it right, I worry about more. But it is wrong for us to try to impose our culture on others. SHould we go to India and talk them into turning their ’sacred’ cows into ribs and steaks? I say no. Same with whale hunting.

Man is THE apex animal, though we do manage to get into the food chain at times as prey. We eat what we want of the animals provided for us here. It really is that simple.

08/12/08  04:25pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1828579

Im not saying to go out and change someones culture..BUT, to me, its for the welfare of the animal. I would gladly try and change someones culture to save an animal from a brutal death. Though we dont live on the same continent, its still the same world. An animal is an animal where ever you go. This just goes back to my point where....if we are SO superior, why do we have to be so brutal?

Yes, but considering already dead prey does no harm to the primary animal. They should consider the welfare of ALL animals....Not just their displayed ones.

Mike...

08/12/08  04:32pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1828586

We have the ABILITY to be superior. Not all make it. Look at the Middle East and the sheer hate being perpetrated by the Islamic cult.

I HATE to see animals mistreated. I do not eat veal. I Love steak. If I went to Japan, I would probably not eat whale, though it is available.

We are brutal because that is who we are as an animal. It is only through excercising the good side of Free Will that we can overcome that.

08/12/08  04:45pm

Dagobert
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1828609

Quote:

We have the ABILITY to be superior. Not all make it. Look at the Middle East and the sheer hate being perpetrated by the Islamic cult.

That’s funny. It amazes me how many people are so busy casting their blames and opinions on other cultures that they can’t even look at their own.

Hate? Watch Pat Robertson, Jerry Fallwell, John Hagee, Benny Hinn or any other evangelist. Look at the culturally ignorant and racist views of our politicians and religious leaders.

Cult? Why don’t we look at American religions as well. When we do we realize the brainwashing is no different, just packaged differently.

We are so willing to decry the crimes and actions of another culture or religion yet we are unwilling to take a long hard look at ourselves and see that so many of our own actions are no different.

But, that’s the beauty of us Americans. Somehow we see a suicide bomber killing ten people as so much worse than launching a cruise missile and killing 500. However, when it’s done by Muslims it’s a hateful religious act. When done by Christians, "it’s just war."

08/12/08  06:17pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Dagobert   In reference to Message Id: 1828713

http://www.you tube.com/watch?feature=related&v=8Tx8b6TJZlI

Please tell me you can watch that Duckmonster, and bite into a hamburger.....I see no quick death there....

Mike...

08/12/08  06:23pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1828723

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=aeJfY5CXTM0&feature=related

Watch these..Just watch em. Maybe your opinion will change slightly.

Mike...

08/12/08  06:33pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Dagobert   In reference to Message Id: 1828713

Hey welcome back Dagobert, I’ll respond to your posts, even though you ignored my replies to you in the earlier thread.

I do listen. Their message is one of "Love". Perhaps that confuses you. Love the person, ’hate’ the sin. Is that a bad message? Is mesage that we need to behave correctly one of HATE?

On the other hand, Islam teaches and demands that unbelievers be ’subjugated’, taxed as dhimmi’s, or just killed if they will not submit. Blowing yourself up and a bus of other people is OK, Openly equating a group with being pigs or monkeys, all that is OK.

Racist views, you mean like the Dems? Robert Byrd, D-WV was an acknowledged KKK memeber. Nickname? Sheets Byrd. The only modern Senator to use the N-word to applause in the Senate. Go ahead lecture me.

Democrats opposed civil rights in the 60’s. Democrats were the Confederates in the 1860’s. Yeah, tell me all about it.

A cult is some belief system that is used to the DETRIMENT of those involved. I think strapping on an explosive vest is somewhat detrimental to the wearer as well as those around. I do not see Christians doing or advocating this or anything like it. Try again, noob.

We use our military when needed. Always have, always will. We would have no need to be in Afghanistan or Iraq if there hadn’t been planes flying into buildings. Get a clue. War happens when one is attacked. remember 9-11? 3000+ dead? Remember? Probably not.

08/12/08  06:37pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1828723

I say again, I am an Omnivore. If it doesn’t move, I can eat it. If it does move, it had better move fast. I’ll take my burger pink in the middle, with mushrooms thanks.

08/12/08  07:22pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1828793

There goes your sarcasim again..........................................

Mike..

08/12/08  11:59pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1829100

No sarcasm at all, mushrooms are great.

08/13/08  01:04pm

DragonPaw
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1828743

(Bolding mine)

Quote:

A cult is some belief system that is used to the DETRIMENT of those involved. I think strapping on an explosive vest is somewhat detrimental to the wearer as well as those around. I do not see Christians doing or advocating this or anything like it. Try again, noob.

Oh really? Then look around.

Here is your message of "love" - here is an entire wikipedia article dedicated to Christian terrorism: Link

But let me guess... The people who committed these acts are either:
A) not "true" Christians
or
B) doing the will of the Christian god so are justified in their actions

By the way, DuckMonster, I enjoy a civilized debate as much as the next person, but, with all these debates you are posting, you are breaking forum rules (and I suppose I am doing so now, too).

Quote:

No... Religous/Political Comments

Why not try a debate forum? Just google "debate forum" and you will find plenty to choose from.

08/13/08  07:52pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DragonPaw   In reference to Message Id: 1830068

Not trying to be an a.s.s Duckmonster.......But lets stay on topic please...I believe RZ rules are:

4.Do not "hijack" a thread, keep your post consistant with the original post, or please start a new thread.

Tisk tisk, think of the horrible exampled you just showed our younger RZoners....Im dissapointed.....*is dissapointed*.....

Today...Animals have no rights. Its a pity, caged animals should not be forced to fight to the death for entertainment. End of discussion really, culture or no culture, its cruel and plain awful.*is on topic*..

Mike...

08/14/08  03:24am

Reptililian Boy
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1830424

For god sakes, this is an off topic forum anyway. What does it matter if someone gets alittle off point? By younger RZoners do you mean people like me? All you can do is help stop these cruel people or otherwise, don’t get involved and don’t start doing $hit like that. All I can say

08/14/08  02:04pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Reptililian Boy   In reference to Message Id: 1830817

Dude...I was joking around..HENCE the smiley face. Sheesh, calm yourself.

You believe this duckmonster? Lmao...

Mike...

08/14/08  04:36pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: DragonPaw   In reference to Message Id: 1830068

Why not go back and BOLD Dagobert? He is who I was responding to, not just initiating. Try again.

Oh, so now Wiki is the ’knowledge base’ to go to for information? Try again.

Perhaps try reading some of that book, you know, the Bible? It is a bit better than Wiki.

My challenge to you....

Go to a Mosque, try to enter a Muslim ’service that is given in Arabic, go with a translator. So you can hear the message

Then go to a Baptist, or Presbyterian, or Churc of Christ and listen to the message.

There is a difference.

I did not bring up the subject, only replied to it. Please feel free to instruct Dagobert accordingly.

08/14/08  11:07pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1831365

..I......was..........joking.......Sheesh.......

Lol...

So!!!...How bout them.....uhhh.....Yankees? Yeah...the footba-no..wait..baseball right?...Yeah, them yankees....They be scoring touch downs all the time.....

Im lame, I know....No need to point it out....Lol..

Mike...

08/15/08  12:45am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1831465

Mike, that post was not to you, it was to DragonPaw, who, I assume has been ’lurking’, or who read the entire thread and only felt the need to chime in when any mention of religion came into one of my posts, even though my post was in answer to Dagobert, who initiated the subject of religion (cults are not religions)

08/15/08  06:30am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1831553

"Why not go back and BOLD Dagobert? He is who I was responding to, not just initiating. Try again."

Was that not intended towards me? Lol..I thought it was.....Haha....Like you were telling me to quote Dagobert since he was off topic. Lol.

Mike....

08/15/08  07:09pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1832183

In no way was that post directed to you. It was all at Dragon Paw. He and Dagobert seem to be Drive By Posters. Hit and Run.

08/15/08  09:55pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1832357

Hahahaha..Ok..I thought it was, just seemed like that. Lol..

Drive By Posters, clever! Lol.

Mike...

08/16/08  12:07am

DragonPaw
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1832503

Quote:

Oh, so now Wiki is the ’knowledge base’ to go to for information?

Certainly an excellent source of vitamin GI - good information.

The entire point of the Wikipedia article was to show you that, indeed, there are Christians that, with your word and definition, are a "detriment". You claimed that you did not know of any. All I did was show you that they exist - and possibly in greater numbers than you would believe.

Quote:

Perhaps try reading some of that book, you know, the Bible? It is a bit better than Wiki.

That would be your opinion.

Quote:

Go to a Mosque, try to enter a Muslim ’service that is given in Arabic, go with a translator. So you can hear the message

Then go to a Baptist, or Presbyterian, or Churc of Christ and listen to the message.

There is a difference.

You go to an extremist Islamic group and you will hear Islamic extremism. You go to an extremist Christian group and you will hear Christian extremism. What difference does it make? There are extremists and moderates in both religions.

Quote:

I did not bring up the subject, only replied to it.

Really? To me, it looked like YOU put out the bait (possibly unintentionally, but it is there either way):

Quote:

Quote:

...and only felt the need to chime in when any mention of religion came into one of my posts...

Oh, please... Do not flatter yourself. I only stumbled across your rant (which I would hardly call "any mention") and wanted to offer a rebuttal. Do not get your knickers in a knot about it; I have as much right to "chime in" as you did when you offered that first comment.

Quote:

In no way was that post directed to you. It was all at Dragon Paw. He and Dagobert seem to be Drive By Posters. Hit and Run.

My friend, I do not have time to type up twenty posts a day so a reply might not be so quick - have some patience. And for your information, I am a she, not a he. Although, cute comment.

Hopefully you do not take this the wrong way. I can be a bit harsh in my posts... It is unintentional. And I hope that you do not take offense from the quoting, DuckMonster, because it sounded as if you did - the quoting helps me organize my posts and direct my comments to avoid confusion; that is the only reason I quote.

But since I am assisting in the derailment of this thread and I mean no disrespect for the original poster, I will bite my tongue and go back on topic...

I disagree with the use of animals for such human entertainment. I have seen a clip from another Japanese show where a black throat monitor (I believe? I do not remember...), which they called a "komodo dragon", was used; it was kept in a large display case with several holes in the bottom that allowed a human head to come through. Several women with meat tied on top of their heads kept popping in and out of the holes squealing as the monitor dashed around. It disgusts me as it shows disrespect towards the animal. Using animals that are tortured and/or killed in the process for the sake of human entertainment is, of course, even more repulsive...

08/16/08  03:12am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: DragonPaw   In reference to Message Id: 1832587

LOL, Ok, this is a good basis for a start. Though you do seem a bit hostile and or angry and or have an axe to grind, so let’s chat for a bit.

Certainly an excellent source of vitamin GI - good information.

GI also stands for Gastro-Intestinal, and Wiki is similar, in general to that GI product. It is an open information ’forum’, often times not vetted for accuracy, and all that is there needs to be taken with a grain of salt, as with all else on this wide open Net.

A Wiki article, which may or may not be accurate, has no point. Wiki does not grace my monitor.

Are there those who claim to be Christians and then do terrible things? Yes. I do not need you to tell me through a Wiki article that that is true. However, those groups are commonly spoken out against.
There is a church out of Nebraska I believe that protests at fallen soldiers funeral service. And they are wrong to do so.

That would be your opinion.

Well, yes it is. But even further, isn’t it somewhat disingenuous to criticize something when you are not familiar with what it says? (Are you familiar with it?) Excepting the religious and Saviour and God aspects, it is actually a very good history book of the times. It has been shown to be factually correct, historically speaking, many many times; cities, events and people.

You go to an extremist Islamic group and you will hear Islamic extremism. You go to an extremist Christian group and you will hear Christian extremism. What difference does it make? There are extremists and moderates in both religions.

I say to you, here are the differences that you just mentioned. Bear with me.

When 9-11 happened, we were told it was Islamic extremists. That Islam wa the religion of Peace, that the majority of Muslims were moderate. OK, um, then why were they dancing in the streets... in Detroit? Where were all these ’moderates’ denouncing the actions of these 11 or 12 that did this violence in the name of their entire religion?

I say to you, that not speaking out, being silent, is quiet approval. There was much much silence.

Now lets put the shoe on the other foot. Imagine, if you will, that those planes had been jacked by some wild eyed baptists, wanting to strike at the heart of evil. What do you imagine that the rest of the Christians here in the states would have done? Danced in the streets? Been silent? There would have been a very loud, large outcry that those people did not represent what Christianity is about at all. There would have been a very deliberate effort to distance themselves from those that did that deed.

No where in the world, in general, do Christians teach their children to hate to the extent that is seen by those following Mohammeds teachings. There are, of course, isolated examples of those who do wrong or kill ’in the name of God’. But there is no organized "We have to kill all those who do not believe as we do". I believe life (all life in general and human life in particular) is precious, and I believe that the vast majority of Christians feel the same.

Do not get your knickers in a knot about it; I have as much right to "chime in" as you did when you offered that first comment.

You may kindly leave my knickers out of this ;^), but if you care to know, there are no knots. I’ve been pretty respectful, as usual, especially in a ’spiritual’ type thread.

Dragon Paw, on other types of threads, even political, I can get ’animated’, just ask some of my fellow debaters. So, I do understand that words can seem harsh, as there is no way to hear tone or see expressions. I too quote, not as a way to ’throw words back’, but as you say, to organize.

These long threads can ’wander’ and end up covering a myriad of topics as the discussion ’matures’ LOL. No derailment at all. It’s all good.

You and I are in agreement about the mistreatment of animals. I am not sure though that the example of the monitor constitutes mistreatment, though I did not see the film. It sounds as though the ladies had some risk in theis game too. Monitor bites can be nasty, mind you (Gratuitous Monty Python quote).

But activities such as dog or dummy fighting, out and out animal abuse (Not caring for, not feeding, etc) are deplorable at best.

More later, look forward to debating more if you are so inclined - Duck

08/16/08  10:25am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1832715

Man...Im getting lost here. Lmao...

Mike...

08/16/08  04:14pm
Pages 1 2 Next

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area