Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

Spring   DuckMonster   Spring   Clawedfrogsrule   JackAsp   Reptililian Boy   DuckMonster   Dislimbed   JackAsp  
 Member  Message

Spring
View Profile

Who has read this book and what are your thoughts on it?

Link

08/01/08  03:09am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Spring   In reference to Message Id: 1815588

I have not read it.

My take on it is this:

If you are in good health, with a minor ’problem’ why not try it.

If you have a major medical issue, I would concentrate on a Dr’s care and discuss anything in the book with him.

Just my $0.02

08/01/08  08:22am

Spring
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1815676

Well doctors are trained to only prescribe drugs that will take away the symptoms so that the problem is still there.
Example: You have a headache.(Minor or longterm.)
Probably because you are dehydrated or need some sleep, or are eating something bad. But a doctor(or commercials sponsored by the government)will tell you that you need to take a pill to take it away like alieve or something. BUT, your body is not having an alieve deficiency is it? no. So therfore discussing this book with a doctor would probably do nothing.

The Food and Drug Association/Federal Trade Commission/government(whatever one) has also made a law that states only a drug can cure a disease.
This isnt true, they are only saying this because they would go out of business if people stopped buying drugs.

08/01/08  08:50am

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: Spring   In reference to Message Id: 1815684

I believe that a lot of things can be cured naturally, but not everything. Whoever wrote this book is trying to stir up controversy in order to make more sales, not necessarily just to help people. There are always slightly hidden agendas, yes pharmaceutical companies just want to make profit, but so does this author and the publishing company, and they both "help" people in the process. I think the two are actually more similar than you’d think.

08/01/08  09:32am

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1815714

Anything that claims to be the answer to EVERYTHING is full of crap. Nutrition is important, and the more you can learn about it the better off you’ll be. But drugs have their place too. As does surgery (for which I strongly reccomend accepting anaesthesia,) as does exercise, as does sleep, as do a million other things. If I heard a doctor claiming that nuitrition makes no difference and drugs were the answer to everything, I would refuse to even pay him for the visit. But that’s kind of a straw man argument; most doctors are hugely in favor of preventing/solving nutritional issues. I spend way more on nutrtion than I do on medicine, even when I’m sick. But I don’t get sick in the first place by taking medicine, that’s how I get better!

08/03/08  07:10pm

Reptililian Boy
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 1818584

I agree with you Jack...everything has a need...

Cheers

08/03/08  07:51pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 1818584

Nicely put Jack. Prevention is everything. I do believe we rely way too much on drugs, on an everyday basis. But that is where we are as a society, everything, every little thing needs to have some ’cure’. Watching daytime TV can be ’horrifying’, so many new ’sydromes’, ’diseases’ and such that ’this little pill will cure’.

08/05/08  06:47pm

Dislimbed
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1820878

I read somewhere that their are so many "new syndromes and diseases" because the FDA or government or whatever made a law stating that "only a drug can cure a disease".So if someone gets one of these diseases, they would have to go take a pill/drug to take care of it. So if someone where to say that this natural thing can cure your disease, then they can get thrown in jail(even though the natural thing CAN cure your disease).

08/06/08  04:56am

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Dislimbed   In reference to Message Id: 1821372

There is no such law.

08/09/08  02:04am

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area