Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

ThatGuyImTheShadows   Clawedfrogsrule   MissSkyTheGecko   DuckMonster   The White Wolf   ThatGuyImTheShadows   The White Wolf   ThatGuyImTheShadows  
 Member  Message

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

You cant say he isnt cute!

I mean come on! Lol..Yeah, he might be a vicious predator.....to crickets and moths. But hes SUCH a funny little guy! Lol.I love him, his name is Bart. Baby Praying Mantis. Im guessing only a few months old, eats like a monster. Hes a beast!!...But very mellow, hops around like a psyco sometimes though. Lol..

Mike..

07/07/08  01:39am

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1785378

awww, he’s adorable! I love insects, they’re awesome! especially when you can get them to pose for a camera :)

07/07/08  11:16am

MissSkyTheGecko
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1785607

Omg he’s sooo cute lol. I love mantids! My boyfriend had one and I just adored the little guy. I’m getting one the next reptile expo =)
That’s a great picture too lol.

07/07/08  03:58pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1785378

Yes, you are right. I too love the Mantids. Kudos to you for being able to keep them. Love finding wild ones to pick up and look at.

07/07/08  05:48pm

The White Wolf
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1786006

I have a mantis too, here he is

">

I’ve had him for about a week now.

07/07/08  06:15pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: The White Wolf   In reference to Message Id: 1786039

Hahahaha..Thanks guys!. He really is a awsome little guy, eating like a champ. :) I never owned such a small/young mantid. My other guys(well, they were girls. Lol) were much bigger and green. Nice and fat to, cant wait to see my guy grow up. :P

The White Wolf, is he wild caught??..Pretty awsome though!..:) How is his temperment? My guy never really shows any "BACK OFF" tendencies, just loves to climb around happily. Lol. My other, adult mantids I had a few years back were also timid, but sometimes got nasty and tried to eat me. Lol.

Thanks again guys! Bart also thanks you. Lol.

Mike..

07/07/08  07:01pm

The White Wolf
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1786092

Yes he is wild caught. He loves faces for some reason,I like to watch him reach because it looks like it’s a little kid asking for a hug lol.He jumps pretty high and I accidentally spooked him one time and he ran really fast across the room. He only raises his little pinchers (as I call it) when his unfamiliar with something.Oh he’s tasted me earlier today, he just took a little chew but that was it. I love his camouflage, when I have the fan on he starts swishing with it like a chameleon moving in the wind. He’s my beast,every time I put a cricket in his cage (my mantis is usually hanging upside) he just grabs it upside down. and when he’s full he carries the cricket in one claw and walks around with it. That’s about it,Good luck with yours :)

-The White Wolf

07/07/08  07:22pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: The White Wolf   In reference to Message Id: 1786112

Hahaha, my guy loves to just leap onto my face. Lol. I dont really let it happen, because sometimes it shocks me and I dont wanna risk hurting him. so I keep him away from my face. Yeah, when he reaches, its soo funny. Hes like saying "hug me, hug me!..or pick me up!"..Lol. Aw, my guy has yet to bite me, but he does his swaying motion just like yours. If I rock back and forth while im holding him, he just sways, its very funny to watch. My Bart is usually upside down as well, hanging from the top of his tank, I remember I opened up the top, and he was attached to it and i dropped a cricket right in front of him then..SNAP. Poor cricket, never saw him coming. Lol. Also, I threw a moth in there the other day, it was flying around. landed like 5 inches from Bart, Bart slowly crawled up to him, and leaped on to him. So cool to watch them hunt.

Thanks again, and good luck with your guy! Cant you wait until they get older and start to fly? My mom will be enthused...*sarcasim*..Lol.

Mike..

07/07/08  10:41pm

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area