Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

C.cyber   DuckMonster   C.cyber   DuckMonster   C.cyber   DuckMonster   DuckMonster   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Dagobert   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Dane_Zoo   ThatGuyImTheShadows   KMA   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   DuckMonster   DuckMonster   DuckMonster   Clawedfrogsrule   ThatGuyImTheShadows   ThatGuyImTheShadows   DuckMonster   ThatGuyImTheShadows   Dagobert   KMA   ThatGuyImTheShadows  
Pages 1 2 Next
 Member  Message

C.cyber
View Profile

Pride parade!

sunday june 29th was chicagos pride parade!!!! there were soo many pple there and even tho the weather sucked the parade was amazing!!! anyone else go???

06/30/08  10:55pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: C.cyber   In reference to Message Id: 1779172

Pride parade!

Pride in Chicago parade?

07/01/08  04:06pm

C.cyber
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1779800

Pride parade!

lol....no it was gay pride!

07/01/08  11:05pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: C.cyber   In reference to Message Id: 1780163

Pride parade!

Yeah, I knew that, no way to have much pride in Chicago, it being what it is. Always makes me wonder why people feel such a need to force their sexuality on the general public.

07/03/08  11:15pm

C.cyber
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1782372

Pride parade!

ehh idk y eather...but i mean all different groups have parades to show support/ show off who they r.

07/03/08  11:54pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: C.cyber   In reference to Message Id: 1782417

Pride parade!

Trying to equate this kind of display with almost any other kind of parade is not valid. Celebrating your Irish heritage is not the same as celebrating what you choose to do in your bedroom. Hey, I know, lets have a parade celebrating what we do in the bathroom too.

07/04/08  01:17am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1782484

Pride parade!

Happy 4th!! 232 Years of Freedom

07/04/08  09:41am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1782484

Pride parade!

Didn’t think I would get any arguments about equating ’pride’ in the bedroom to ’pride’ in the bathroom’. LOL

07/07/08  09:22pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1786276

Pride parade!

Awsome!..:) We dont get Pride Parades here in NJ. Though, theres this day at NJ’s famous amuesment park, Six flags Great Adventure, called Gay Day. Its a celebration. to be honest, yeah, im proud to be gay and everything, but I have no interest in flaunting it in a parade, but its cool. There would be no need for a parade if it was just accepted, but we all know that isnt gonna happen. Lol.

And Duckmonster, youre comparing a ST.Patricks Day Parade to a Gay Pride Parade...To me, theres no difference in either of those. Being Irish isnt a choice, nor being gay is a choice. From your 1st comment, it seems you have an issue with gays parading about? or just gay people in general? You do not choice to be gay. And if I totally read your post incorrectly and that isnt what youre saying my apologies.

Mike..

07/07/08  10:34pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1786380

Pride parade!

OK, I’ll try to be as PC as I can, and will say that I mean no offense, but that this is my opinion.

1) A persons ’orientation’ is a private thing. Period. What happens behind a closed door stays there.

2) Hetero-sex has a solid basis for what we are, beings that need to reproduce.

3) Other practices are only ’pleasure oriented’, not biologically sustainable

4) I have no problem with what anyone chooses to do in thier bedrooms, so no prob with gays in general, just the political "in-your-face" practices of the group at large.

5) When you bring out your bedroom practices into public, and try to Force society to accept, or feel good about, or celebrate, then there is an issue.

6) Other practices have only one way to increase their numbers - recruitment. Hence the public school programs to teach that those practices are normal and OK. Gota go after the kids.

7) Of course there is no difference between a cultural parade and a sexual parade to you.

OK, inflammatory question of the day.

You say that gay-ness is not a choice. I’d be willing you are also Pro-choice. So, If that is the case. and gayness was genetic, and a person knew that their unborn child was to be gay, and decided to abort said child because of that, is that right or wrong and why?

07/09/08  08:09pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1788968

Pride parade!

Ok ok ok ok...I understand what you mean by "What happens behind a closed door stays there.". But a Pride Parade isnt "Look who Im having sex with!!!..Look!" No, its about the fact that THOSE people are proud to be gay and that homophobia wont stop them. Showing off what they do behind closed doors? So what youre saying, their love for other men should be concealed, and not showed off. But ofcourse to you, it isnt love when your gay? Orientation shouldnt be a private thing, when your out, its better. Who you have sexual relations with SHOULD be kept private and Pride Parades dont flaunt who the men are having sex with. Pride Parades probably wouldnt exist if there was less people like you, thinking this about gay people. As I keep reading your post, all I see is "sex related this and that". A Pride Parade is NOT about showing off who they have sex with, does relationship = sex to you? Seriously. Granted there are some gay men in those parades that take things a bit far, but you should talk about EVERY gay man? Stereotype much? So youre saying, straight people are horrible if they ever were associated with oral sex? Since its only pleasure oriented not "biologically sustainable". Also, sex isnt the only part of a relationship. Granted I have yet to date anyone, but would the 1st thing in my mind be sex?..Absolutely not, not even the second, third or fourth, I can proudly say I dont think sex is an important part of a relationship and whoever wants it to be, can make that happen.

"4) I have no problem with what anyone chooses to do in thier bedrooms, so no prob with gays in general, just the political "in-your-face" practices of the group at large."

Why must you constantly associate gays with "what they do in their bedrooms"? Do you just see gays as sex hungry freaks who want to spill their private life among the crowds? To be honest, I HATE when gays flaunt their sexuality, it bugs and I see no purpose for it really. But then it comes to mind when theres SO much hatred and misunderstanding when it comes to homosexuals.

"5) When you bring out your bedroom practices into public, and try to Force society to accept, or feel good about, or celebrate, then there is an issue."

There you go, AGAIN!..When is a Pride Parade about sex?! What youre saying right there means that nobody(not even straight people) should show who they are dating/love. So, no holding hands in public, cuddling, etc etc??? Oh no, being straight is all natural though, so they are allowed???

"6) Other practices have only one way to increase their numbers - recruitment. Hence the public school programs to teach that those practices are normal and OK. Gota go after the kids."

So what youre saying is being gay is like, a club membership now? And just like some religious folk, they go around recruiting people?? Seriously DuckMonster, you seriously should not be speaking about any of this. you have NO idea what its like to be gay, and its easy for you to state your opinions on what you THINK is true. You dont know how it feels as a teen to all of sudden having these feelings, not for girls, but for boys, and FREAKING out, feeling ashamed for yourself. But I guess since its a CHOICE I can just CHOOSE to like girls??

"7) Of course there is no difference between a cultural parade and a sexual parade to you."

Wow...A Pride Parade iis NOT a sexual parade!!! If anything its a sexuality parde, people trying to make being gay more accepted. I dont know about you, but if you think everything is about sex, you have some real growing up to do.

Im not for gay, or against gay. I dont go around wearing rainbow necklaces, shirts and bandanas. Ive accepted who I am, and Im OK with it now. At 1st, when I started realizing this, I was on the verge of going insane. I swore to not tell ANYONE and die with this secret. I was utterly ashamed. But then I OPENED my mind and realized, what the hell, theres nothing wrong. I dont know how "gay" comes along, and I defiantly dont think its genetic. I dont know where it comes from, for all I know it could be natures way of controling population, WHO KNOWS. But just because it isnt explained does not mean you have a right to bash it, and assume you know everything without even knowing how it feels to be gay.

If someone was to abort their child because they were gay, Id be disgusted and call that person a "arrogent closed minded psyco". Answer your question? I dont love being gay, it happened, cant control it, a few years ago, If I could choose to like girls, I would, but it doesnt work that way. You DONT know what its like to be gay, you DONT know the feelings people go through and you DONT know the utter fear and confusin, so you have NO say in anything about it.

Mike..

07/09/08  08:46pm

Dagobert
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1788968

Pride parade!

Quote:

1) A persons ’orientation’ is a private thing. Period. What happens behind a closed door stays there.

I’ve got very republican answer for your many issues with this parade. Don’t go to it, look the other way, don’t pay attention. There, problem solved. Nobody is forcing you to go, to watch, or participate.

It’s funny to me that you are the same person who just posted a thread exalting freedom of speech. But, I guess freedom of expression only applies to the issues you agree with.

Interesting thing - there was one in my city too. Yet, it didn’t affect me in the least. Why? Because a bunch of people celebrating their sexuality doesn’t matte to me, it doesn’t threaten my own sexuality in the least bit. Ahhhh, it’s nice to be secure.

It’s funny to me that people get so bent out of shape over an event that nobody is forcing them to attend and gets only minor media attention.

But I know this won’t really solve your issues because, despite what you say, you obviously do have a problem with gays. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t bother commenting on this.

07/09/08  09:09pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1789011

Pride parade!

Look Mike,

You seem to have made assumptions about me and my own orientation. I do not disclose it here, at all. That is between me and whoever. Not for public display, Especially in a parade. Please remember, I did say I meant no offense.

The parade IS about who the members have ’relations’ with. If not in particular, then in general. And in general, it is not socially acceptable for members of the same sex to have ’relations’ (’relations’ being a sensitive word for sex). It is about trying to legitimize a practice that, Historically speaking, has been shown to be destructive of people and society, especially when widely accepted and practiced. (Rome, Greece come to mind. No that wasn’t the ONLY cause of the fall, but it is a SYMPTOM).

Why is there a need to be ’proud’of your sexuality? I am what I am. I do not need to parade myself in public to re-affirm that to myself. At no time did I say that the world would be better ’without people like you’, however, you felt the need to say that. That is kind of telling.

Are you saying gay relationships do not involve sex? You haven’t dated anyone, but feel that you can speak on the matters of sex?

I do not see gays as sex hungry freaks. I see them behaving, as a group, that wants to force acceptance on society by their activism. No where did I say freak. I believe I posted some very level headed points, as PC as possible. But unfortunately today, any criticism results in the ’phobe’ argument. I do not hate gays, but i do dislike what they do, especially in the public forum. But that mind set seems to not be acknowledgable by gays.

Whether you would like to acknowledge this or not, in all aspects of life, there are ’standards’ of behavior that support a ’healthy’, ’growing’ society.

There are Pyromaniacs. They are ’born’ that way. They like fire. They burn things. sometimes buildings, sometimes people. This is not a ’positive’ behavior’.

There are Kleptomainiacs. They are ’born’ that way. They steal from honest people. This is not a ’positive’ behavior.

You say that gays are ’born’ that way, that you would "be disgusted and call that person a "arrogent closed minded psyco". But at the same time you did NOT say that abortion in general is wrong and disgusting. VERY Telling. It is just as wrong to abort a child because it is female, or Downs, or gay, or whatever. But, you just seem to feel that way for ’gay’ babies. For the record, abortion is wrong for any reason except the life of the mother, and that choice is hers and her makers. My question was to probe your thought process.

You may not see it because of where you are in your life, but this is a ’slippery slope’. If your ’orientation’ is legitimized, what is next? Have you heard of NAMBLA? Check that out, see what you think. They want legitimization too. What about multiple partners? why not? What about animals? Necrophiles? Where does this slide to destruction stop? Are they all different? yes. but Pedophiles claim they are ’born’ that way too.

Regardless of what claims are made, Same-sex relationships are not positive. Might they be satisfying to the individuals engaged in them? It just might. Might there be consequenses to society accepting this as an ’alternative lifestyle’? There just might. FACT. Even San Francisco, the haven that it is for gays, has backed off the position of providing benefits for ’domestic partners’ because of the costs associated with it. The medical issues of male partners are greatly higher than the norm.

I hear all that you are saying of your own feelings. All I can say is that, it is my belief, there is ALWAYS a choice to make. And all choices have consequenses, that is inescapable. Mike, I do not disparage your feelings, they are real. I just might say re-examine them. Remember, a persons sexuality is not political. And a persons politics is not sexual. Unfortunately, today that just doesn’t seem to be the case.

07/09/08  10:01pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1789103

Pride parade!

Ok, I understand you ment no harm coming from it, and I take no offense, BUT, all Im saying is that there is no way you can claim facts about being gay without knowing how it feels. Its simple as that. Ofcourse, you can assume what its like, and assume your opinions, but you will never truely know. Ofcourse it isnt socially acceptable, hence why they are having a parade. I personally wouldnt be apart of a Pride Parade, because like I said, I know who I am and theres no need to flaunt it. IF it was accepted, there would be no need for this parade. But that isnt going to happen, anytime soon atleast.

"has been shown to be destructive of people and society, especially when widely accepted and practiced."

Ofcourse in years back when, it would not have been accepted. But, times are now different, does that mean it should be accepted?..No, but youre saying it can ~hurt~ society? I believe you just keep thinking that being gay is a choice(which is obviously why we arent getting along very well) and if one person ~chooses~ to be gay, others will follow. With is rediculous to be honest. This is going to bring me back to the "you cant make those assumptions unless you know what its like" type of sentence. Being gay isnt being like..lets say a Drug Addict. You make a choice to do drugs lets say, you can stop anytime.(unless addiction comes to mind, which is a whole other story). You cant just STOP being gay, well technically you ~can~ and just date girls, but trust me, it wont work in the long run.

There ISNT a need in my eyes. But to those people, who want to be accepted into society, there is! Simple as that. You must stop putting every gay person into a group and just using a stereotype. You dont need a parade for one reason, because being straight is ~technically~ the way to go I guess? Being straight is what it is, it is accepted, obviously because thats what a majority of the population is. Unless they "choose" to go gay right????

"At no time did I say that the world would be better ’without people like you’, however, you felt the need to say that. That is kind of telling."

Well, thats what it seemed like to me. You are truley making yourself look as if you know everything about gays. And Im not making a big deal to be honest, In my school, even in my house "queer, buttmunch, homo, herb" are constabtly used, I can careless and dont make a big deal, because I dont care what people think. BUT, not everyone is like that, and then there are the few that will act out, and make it more accepted. If it is accepted, if it isnt, I dont care, there a few who accepted, few who just dont care, and few who loathe it. Its always going to be that way. A Parade is justgoing to anger the few you dislike it even more. But why can a Irish Parade be accepted, but not a Pride Parade? Are the Irish trying to push thir beliefs and hereitage on society? Why wont you disagree to that?? Granted being gay is nothing like being Irish, but when it coms down to flaunting it in society, why is it different???

"Are you saying gay relationships do not involve sex? You haven’t dated anyone, but feel that you can speak on the matters of sex?"

I never said gay relationships dont involve sex. I said not all HAVE to, because you assume all gays do are having sex and thats all youre associating with them with. Atleast in your last post. I know I have yet to be in a relationship with somebody buyt I know for a fact that i cant be pushed into doing anything I dont want, and one of those things COULD be sex. What I ment was, sex doesnt HAVE to be part of a relationship, gay or straight.

"I do not see gays as sex hungry freaks. I see them behaving, as a group"

There you go, stereotyping. Just because one, or a group of gays act a certain way, means ALL of them act that way? The stereotype gay is feminine acting, clothes loving, high pitched voice girly men. Are all gays like that to you? Because I know plenty who beat that stereotype including myself. Half the people that know me would have NEVER realized in a million years. Not all gay men are the same.

"But unfortunately today, any criticism results in the ’phobe’ argument."

I defiantly do not see you as a homophobic person and no just because somebody has a negative opinion of gays doesnt mean Id be like...HOMOPHOBE. No, Im not like that and I personally dont like people like that. BUT, I am just getting frustrated that you assume you know this and that, but really, you dont, because you have no idea. But that will never seem to settle in your mind.

"I do not hate gays, but i do dislike what they do, especially in the public forum. But that mind set seems to not be acknowledgable by gays."

"They do". Stereotyping, again. What some do, doesnt mean they all do. Are gays a type of trend to you or something? That everyone follows, no matter how different of a person?? Im not one for public affection, I have been on "dates" before. I felt ackward holding hands with the person in the mall. Each person is different, gay, straight, lesbian, blue black, red doesnt matter!

"Whether you would like to acknowledge this or not, in all aspects of life, there are ’standards’ of behavior that support a ’healthy’, ’growing’ society."

In other words, "gay" will take over a healthy society and detroy it like a disease? Eventhough a fraction of society is gay? Ah but yes, you keep thinking you can "turn" gay and its a choice. I follow you....

Im not a Pyromaniac or a Klepto, or a phedopile, so I have no response to that. I dont know how that feels(if they are born that way), so I cant base anything on it. But ofcourse you can, since everything is a choice to you.

Was I supposed to go against abortion in your last question? No, because thats not what the question was directed to. The question was "If a child can be detected gay, would it be wrong to abort it" this topic is about Gays, not abortion. I to be honest, have mixed feelings against abortions. Ill never get pregnant, so it isnbt a question in my mind. But if it was, Id probably go against, since child birth should be a thought out process, and its those people fault for "accidently" getting pregnant(rape cases aside). I still think the child should not be aborted because theres loving people and homes that will gladly take that baby.

"They want legitimization too. What about multiple partners? why not? What about animals? Necrophiles? Where does this slide to destruction stop? Are they all different?"

Are you seriously comparing being gay to necrophiles?etc? That is a completely different story, but if people want to have multiple partners, god speed for them, not my problem, not my issue. Just like gays, there will probably be a small fraction of people who decide in multiple partners but its still a larger number(not saying gay is a choice, but in a general sense, gay population is small, compared to huge socety populations), But small compared to vast size of society.

"Even San Francisco, the haven that it is for gays, has backed off the position of providing benefits for ’domestic partners’ because of the costs associated with it. The medical issues of male partners are greatly higher than the norm."

Ofcourse when it all comes down to percents, itll look high because so many gays are in one area. But that is not the case in other places. If being gay was more accepted, there would probably be no need for so many people to move into one area because thats where it IS accepted, or atleats tolerated.

"I hear all that you are saying of your own feelings. All I can say is that, it is my belief, there is ALWAYS a choice to make"

Ofcourse, its my feelings. Because I know exactly how IT feels. I DO have a say in this, this isnt a topic where both people are arguing about something they cant fully grasp. I CAN fully grasp this topic, and yes, while its your belief, the actual FACTS are right here. I do know how it feels, does that make me right in everything? No, but I have more of a say in this than you. To me, it isnt a choice, its just THAT way, while yes, someone could make a choice to date girls instead of boys, at heart, there will be something wrong. those feelings cannot be overcome.

Mike...

07/10/08  05:32pm

Dane_Zoo
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1790177

Pride parade!

I bet if I started up a "straight" or "white" pride parade I would get a lot of criticism from people...

07/11/08  11:13pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Dane_Zoo   In reference to Message Id: 1791959

Pride parade!

Youd probably get all criticized because theres no reason for a "straight" or "white" parade. Lol. To me, theres no need for a Pride Parade either! The people who accept it will always accept it, the people who dont like it, will always dislike it, it cant be changed really. White and straight people are accepted mostly. But hey, youll probably have DuckMonster on your back explaining how you chose to be straight and white.

Mike..

07/12/08  12:50am

KMA
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1792052

Pride parade!

ain’t that a gay parade? where gay people walk around the city half naked

07/12/08  01:13pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: KMA   In reference to Message Id: 1792435

Pride parade!

Wow! Youre a big help.................................................

Mike...

07/12/08  01:18pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: Dane_Zoo   In reference to Message Id: 1791959

Pride parade!

If you were to try to have a White Pride Parade, you would be racist.

If you tried to have a Hetero Pride Parade, you’d be mean-spirited or engaged in hate-activities.

And to respond to Mike, as there is NO reason for these two parades, NEITHER is there a reason for a gay pride parade. Except to try to Force society to accept that which is not. Oh and please no more name calling Mike, it does your position no good.

07/12/08  02:38pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: KMA   In reference to Message Id: 1792435

Pride parade!

In general, yes that is what it is.

07/12/08  02:38pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1792052

Pride parade!

Mike, why do insist on attacking me personally? I do not and did not do that to you. But that is usually the case with someone with a liberal philosophy. Discussion cannot legitimize the message, so attack the person who feels otherwise.

I am not on anyones back, we are discussing, or I thought we were.

Again, if you like guys, fine, so be it, have a blast. Kiss em, hug em, and so forth. My ’problem’, as you put it, comes when this behavior is pushed into the faces of the community at large. This makes me ignorant? Close minded?

I do not think so. Personal conduct is just that, personal. Not Public.

07/12/08  02:45pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1792446

Pride parade!

By the way, nice Mantid

07/12/08  02:47pm

Clawedfrogsrule
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1792564

Pride parade!

I don’t see why it is such a big deal if gays put themselves out there. You don’t want to see two men (or women...presumably) kissing/hugging, but what if they were hetero, one man and one woman? Would PDA be so much of a problem with a straight couple?
Honestly I love seeing two guys holding hands, it puts a smile on my face every single time just because they are comfortable with who they are and don’t hide despite the societal pressures. It’s love and it’s out there and proud, and it shouldn’t be shut away in the closet.

07/12/08  10:34pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1793187

Pride parade!

Im sorry If I personally attacked you DuckMonster, I really didnt mean to, I myself to love a good debate, but I guess I got a little frustrated. But I will stand by in what I have been saying, you cant truely have a factual opinion on this subject in general unless you just know what its like. I know Im repeating myself, but I stand strongly behind it, because to me, thats whats true. Youre saying gays force society to accept, while this is true in most cases, not all gays want to be out there and want acceptence. I mean, Id love to be out and never have to worry about crossing some guy or girl and they mumble "fagg0t" when we cross, but I know it isnt going to happen. Pride Parades are not a good way to go about trying to to have society accept it because that will just anger the people who hate it more! and possibly annoy the people that dont mind it. If I was walking down the street and just saw a bunch of guys, with rainbows, this and that, Id probably walk the other way. Im not for one to exploit anything about myself and it isnt the biggest deal if Im accepted. I cant change myself regardless, so people will have to deal. Science and religion are getting in the way of people just accepting it. If people would open their minds a bit, drift away from science or religion, or just the fact theres no reason to hate someone because they like boys(or girls liking girls) and look at it in a different way, it should be easily accepted. And yes, I think being gay/lesbian should be accepted, because it just isnt a choice, so there is no such worries about umm..."damaging society"...But I guess well get no where since we are looking at at the whole "gay topic" differently. But you see, theres no need for a Hetero Parade, but by all means, they can have one. Thats the thing I dont think you really see, catagorizing and stereotyping gays into one. Everyone is different, while even some gays are pushed into doing things they dont want to like flaunting their pride, this or that, I choose not because Im an indivdual, not just a piece of a massive, identical group. Gays/lesbians are just stereotyped, leading people into more hatred. In movies, shows, etc all gays are high pitched femmy, giry boys while lesbians are manly, butch man things. It sucks, Im going to honest, it really does suck because then EVERY gay is percieved as thatm which isnt true. Im a normal sounding guy, tall, skinny, I love to go into thw oods jump in mud after frogs and snakes, and I know TONS of straight men who cant even look at a snake, verses feeding or holding one. My friends even say I beat the stereotype to a bloody pulp, but that doesnt mean all gays are like that, and I realize that. There are some of those *flippy girly hand gesture* gays out, I know a few and I know others who youd never think were gay. While some gays are yes., trying to force it onto society and when others join that group, who knows, they just probably want to fit in with the crowd, I myself dont, nor will ever. Im my own person and really dont like being stereotyped.

And thank you, Bart The Mandid says thank you. :)

Exactly, clawedfrogsrule. Im not only agreeing because I am gay, but I love when I see people(gay guys/girls) walking down the street holding hands, not caring. It makes me feel good, because they just dont care what society has to say. And I like that....

So DuckMonster, I hope you didnt take any offense to what I said earlier, not my intention.

Mike..

07/13/08  04:02am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: Clawedfrogsrule   In reference to Message Id: 1793187

Pride parade!

Im sorry If I personally attacked you DuckMonster, I really didnt mean to, I myself to love a good debate, but I guess I got a little frustrated. But I will stand by in what I have been saying, you cant truely have a factual opinion on this subject in general unless you just know what its like. I know Im repeating myself, but I stand strongly behind it, because to me, thats whats true. Youre saying gays force society to accept, while this is true in most cases, not all gays want to be out there and want acceptence. I mean, Id love to be out and never have to worry about crossing some guy or girl and they mumble "fagg0t" when we cross, but I know it isnt going to happen. Pride Parades are not a good way to go about trying to to have society accept it because that will just anger the people who hate it more! and possibly annoy the people that dont mind it. If I was walking down the street and just saw a bunch of guys, with rainbows, this and that, Id probably walk the other way. Im not for one to exploit anything about myself and it isnt the biggest deal if Im accepted. I cant change myself regardless, so people will have to deal. Science and religion are getting in the way of people just accepting it. If people would open their minds a bit, drift away from science or religion, or just the fact theres no reason to hate someone because they like boys(or girls liking girls) and look at it in a different way, it should be easily accepted. And yes, I think being gay/lesbian should be accepted, because it just isnt a choice, so there is no such worries about umm..."damaging society"...But I guess well get no where since we are looking at at the whole "gay topic" differently. But you see, theres no need for a Hetero Parade, but by all means, they can have one. Thats the thing I dont think you really see, catagorizing and stereotyping gays into one. Everyone is different, while even some gays are pushed into doing things they dont want to like flaunting their pride, this or that, I choose not because Im an indivdual, not just a piece of a massive, identical group. Gays/lesbians are just stereotyped, leading people into more hatred. In movies, shows, etc all gays are high pitched femmy, giry boys while lesbians are manly, butch man things. It sucks, Im going to honest, it really does suck because then EVERY gay is percieved as thatm which isnt true. Im a normal sounding guy, tall, skinny, I love to go into thw oods jump in mud after frogs and snakes, and I know TONS of straight men who cant even look at a snake, verses feeding or holding one. My friends even say I beat the stereotype to a bloody pulp, but that doesnt mean all gays are like that, and I realize that. There are some of those *flippy girly hand gesture* gays out, I know a few and I know others who youd never think were gay. While some gays are yes., trying to force it onto society and when others join that group, who knows, they just probably want to fit in with the crowd, I myself dont, nor will ever. Im my own person and really dont like being stereotyped.

And thank you, Bart The Mandid says thank you. :)

Exactly, clawedfrogsrule. Im not only agreeing because I am gay, but I love when I see people(gay guys/girls) walking down the street holding hands, not caring. It makes me feel good, because they just dont care what society has to say. And I like that....

So DuckMonster, I hope you didnt take any offense to what I said earlier, not my intention.

Mike..

07/13/08  04:02am

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: ThatGuyImTheShadows   In reference to Message Id: 1793348

Pride parade!

No offense taken at all Mike, I just didn’t want it to get to that point, hence the post. And if you re-read all the posts, even back to that old thread, I don’t think that I ever said anything negative to any one person indivivually. Truly, I do try to take each person at face value. I believe that you and I could be friends if we met, as I try my best to find the good part of anyone. Usually, I am succesful.

I just think it is so counter-productive for gay groups as a whole to be so "in-your-face" about this. Not necessarily trying to draw a parallel, but I think that racism would die a very quiet death if the Jesse Jacksons, Al Sharptons, NAACP’s would just let it go. I, personally, am probably MLK’s dream person. I do not Care what color you are. How are you as a person, that is what counts. Having said that, I think that the black community at large has large issues of ’victimhood’ that is preventing them from rising above the whole ’race’ thing. That might seem to be coontradictory, but it is not. It is the individuals that are important.

A case could be made for the gays also. I personally do not really care who somebody is attracted to. But the large public parades are undeniably political in basis. And that is going to continue to promote a backlash in socciety at large. The truth of that is obvious.

So, Mike it’s great to chat with you again, was wondering where Mr Murder went.

07/13/08  12:23pm

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1793501

Pride parade!

I to try and find the best in everyone, but something usualy stops me, like drugs or something for example. Not say Id HATE that person because of it, its just something I dont find positive. To be honest, I dont really care if anyone doesnt want to associate with someone because they are gay, but I getaggrivated when someone thinks they know certains things about it. Ex-wheather or not its a choice, etc. I could be friends with anybody personaly..Lol...But alot of people dont like the fact that I am a very opinionated person and I love to debate and throw facts around. But some people always like to be right(not saying youre like that) and we usually drift apart..But yeah, enough of that..Lol...

Hey, and I dont like it when gays do that whole "HEY IM GAY...LOVE ME!" I know someone like that, and it gets agrivating, and Im gay! Lol..I dont like it when people try and force things onto people, even if it might be for the better. My only problem with you was the fact you seemed like you were placing ALL gays in one group, which to behonest, in a sense, offended me. I hate stereotypes, labels and just when people look at other people as a whole, instead of individuals. Looking how I look(hair in my face, black clothes, studded belts) people are always stereotyping me and it getsnerve racking. Racism is indeed a whole other story, but I defiantly agree with you there(*GASP*)-Lol. People are always waiting to play the -phobe or racist game. "victimhood"-interesting, but I do agree 100%. What happened with blacks, jews, etc were yes, terrible things, but theres NO need to constantly live off that. the people that did were horrible and are gone. No need to keep living in the past, and some people just cant wait to use "victimhood". I too like people for who they are, not what they are or how they look etc, but sadly, there are people out there that hate somebody for a reason. Exactly, people may think the parades are helping, but they certainly arent. If people(who hate gays) cant stand one gay guy, what makes them think that theyll enjoy and wanna like gays if theres a whole group of them parading about with their boyfriends. It just isnt the way of going about it, and it certainly is going t case people to hate it(if not hate it more). But hey, thats just me a little ol’ gay guy that actually doesnt think a gay parade is going to help. Hell, I may even be banished from gay society, Lmao. But like I said, I didnt have a problem with you not liking gays(sorry if it seemed that way), my problem was that you catagorized all gays into one. Which, as you tell now, gets me very angry, because everyone is different.

Hahaha, Nr.Murder is right here, :P. Damn me for constantly loosing my passwords....

Mike...

07/14/08  07:26pm

Dagobert
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1793501

Pride parade!

Quote:

Not necessarily trying to draw a parallel, but I think that racism would die a very quiet death if the Jesse Jacksons, Al Sharptons, NAACP’s would just let it go

Yes, because this method worked so well prior to the Civil Rights movement. Right? Nobody discussed racism and inequality, therefore racism didn’t exist. Is that how it worked?

This is simply the most absurd comment I have ever read anywhere in my life. To even try and claim that racism is somehow a reaction to activists of this type has absolutely no logic to it.

Unless you are completely ignorant of this countries entire history prior to 40 years ago (you know, where institutionalized racism was the norm), I really can’t imagine trying to claim that the existence of racism is contingent on the activists that continue to discuss the issue.

There is a logical gap here that is simply baffling.

07/19/08  07:11pm

KMA
View Profile

Message To: Dagobert   In reference to Message Id: 1802269

Pride parade!

man, i have no idea what’s happening here, but i think it’s an arguement
just drop it, and accept the fact that there are "other" people that makes that choice of being gay, no big deal

07/20/08  05:32am

ThatGuyImTheShadows
View Profile

Message To: KMA   In reference to Message Id: 1802791

Pride parade!

Funny you should say that. Thats what this arguement is all about. About the fact of me saying that being gay isnt a choice and DuckMonster believing it is. If you have no idea whats happening, why post something?

Mike...

07/20/08  02:43pm
Pages 1 2 Next

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area