Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General Misc Forum

AlbigsRule   Mrs. froggie   AlbigsRule   C.cyber   AlbigsRule   Reptililian Boy   MissSkyTheGecko   AlbigsRule   AlbigsRule   Gecko boy12   AlbigsRule   DuckMonster   Yellowfang   JackAsp   JackAsp  
 Member  Message

AlbigsRule
View Profile

Battle wounds.

I have a sub adult black throat monitor. Today I took my him out of his enclosure to do a little clean up, he didn’t like it at all because if anyone knows anything about monitors they are not tame puppies by any means. Well while moving him his nails ripped my arm check it out!

Brandon

06/26/08  02:26pm

Mrs. froggie
View Profile

Message To: AlbigsRule   In reference to Message Id: 1774422

Battle wounds.

Holy cow. Ouch. Just make sure you don’t catch anything or get it infected. Wow!!

06/26/08  02:40pm

AlbigsRule
View Profile

Message To: Mrs. froggie   In reference to Message Id: 1774447

Battle wounds.

Yeah it was a pretty one, didn’t hurt to bad, just bleed...alot! Anyone have anything similar they wanna share?

Brandon

06/26/08  05:16pm

C.cyber
View Profile

Message To: AlbigsRule   In reference to Message Id: 1774655

Battle wounds.

i have none.. :( ....im lame..lol!

06/26/08  10:48pm

AlbigsRule
View Profile

Message To: C.cyber   In reference to Message Id: 1775051

Battle wounds.

NAh man, I am lame for getting it, but thats what happens when dealing with wild animals.

Brandon

06/27/08  05:20pm

Reptililian Boy
View Profile

Message To: AlbigsRule   In reference to Message Id: 1775782

Battle wounds.

I had a Ribbon snake bite me with it’s "rough" jaw which was very sharp in this case and for some reason I started bleeding...it was like I turned my head cause a bug or something landed on me and I was bleeding! I barely felt it and wow...blood...

Alec

06/27/08  09:05pm

MissSkyTheGecko
View Profile

Message To: Reptililian Boy   In reference to Message Id: 1775985

Battle wounds.

That bad boy right there I got from a tux. Yep. 14 weeks old. 15 inches long. But I’m pretty tough. ;)

Mm Hm. This is the one that got me. Did it while I was sleepin’.

I’m not really the kind of person animals want to hurt lol.
=P
Man monitors look like they hurt...I’ve seen a few bad cuts from them.

06/29/08  03:48pm

AlbigsRule
View Profile

Message To: MissSkyTheGecko   In reference to Message Id: 1777664

Battle wounds.

LOL That is nothing he could have done way worse!!! HE is 3.5 foot now and only 7 months old, he will most likely get around 5.5 to 6 foot that is where the real boo boos start to happen! He is a CB black throat monitor.

Brandon

06/29/08  06:28pm

AlbigsRule
View Profile

Message To: AlbigsRule   In reference to Message Id: 1777804

Battle wounds.

Anyone else have anything they would like to share?

Brandon

07/06/08  06:38pm

Gecko boy12
View Profile

Message To: AlbigsRule   In reference to Message Id: 1784786

Battle wounds.

if thats a nip i dont wanna see a bite

07/12/08  05:47pm

AlbigsRule
View Profile

Message To: Gecko boy12   In reference to Message Id: 1792843

Battle wounds.

A bite would suck!!! Full size albigs have the potential to crush my hand!

Brandon

07/12/08  07:31pm

DuckMonster
View Profile

Message To: AlbigsRule   In reference to Message Id: 1792963

Battle wounds.

And people ask me if I worry about being bitten by little Kingsnakes or my Yellow Anaconda. Nope, ot even a little bit. It does happen, but not like what happens to monitor owners. Yikes.

07/13/08  12:36pm

Yellowfang
View Profile

Message To: DuckMonster   In reference to Message Id: 1793514

Battle wounds.

I do!

Bunch actually!

I accidently surprised a male african fat-tail gecko I had and he tore my knuckle...

Then a feeding accident with a two year old ball python...

A stupid, adult, fiesty ribbon snake!

Then I had been trying forever to tame my NEIGHBORS male iguana...leaving my hands and arms looking like this...

That one had bit through part of my nail

This is said iguana when he bit my finger through my nail

Notice MY blood on him after he leaped at me..then shock his head around after he locked on.

They finally let my take him to a store I volunteer at that does rescues and did much better after he got proper husbandry!

Yellowfang

07/15/08  09:29am

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: Yellowfang   In reference to Message Id: 1796014

Battle wounds.

Iguana bites suck! Mine has had years to heal up, but once upon a time... I was letting a nine and half pound male wander around outside his room and he started making amorous advances on my (male) cat, doing a straight-legged, head-bobbing strut, following him around and nipping lightly at his chest ruff. The cat was very confused, and just kept on moving farther and farther away, and the iguana just kept on following. Finally, he cornered him in the bathroom, so I figured I’d better step in, and as soon as I touched him he tore the inside of my arm UP! With one bite. I mean, it looked like a zombie had eaten part of my forearm!

It was summer, so I had some flannel sleeves still lying on the floor from a shirt that I’d recently cut down. I poured some salt onto the wound to slow the bleeding (people always cringe when you tell them that trick, but it hurts less than whatever you’re pouring the salt on for in the first place did, and it stays in place and works longer than a liquid will,) then put my arm through a piece of flannel sleeve, and got some duct tape around it as fast as I could. I bought some proper bandages the next day, but right that moment my only options were
a. Use a million teeny tiny little regular Bandaids, or
b. McGyver something up.

You can still see some nice deep crecant-shaped indentations, but amazingly there’s no muscle or nerve damage. Wasn’t even a really hard bite, either; their teeth are just NASTY. They’re like saw blades.

You know what’s funny though? At the time I was reading "Hannibal." Tom Harris hadn’t jumped the shark yet, so as soon as he’d written a sequel to "Silence of the Lambs" I’d rushed right out and bought an over-priced first-edition hardcover rather than wait a few months. Anyway, there was a little bit of leakage that first night, which I didn’t even notice at the time, so to this day I have a cannibal book that is stained on the edges of many, many pages with human blood. You’d think bookstores would pay extra for that, but apparently they do not. So not only did I pay for AND read the piece of crap, but thanks to that damned iguana I can’t even sell it afterwards!

07/17/08  10:14pm

JackAsp
View Profile

Message To: JackAsp   In reference to Message Id: 1800026

Battle wounds.

Got to say though, I’m not sure I’ve ever had a scratch as good as that one. With anything that could, though, I’ve always tried to take a hint from the falconers and keep one arm wrapped in protective garb.

07/17/08  10:18pm

Back to *General Misc Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area