Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General-Information Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General-Information Forum

Anole_in_ohio   Mike420   Ameivaboy   Lozzer   Anole_in_ohio   Guppyfry   Anole_in_ohio   Animal_lover   Warui   Scaly dog   Reptile dude007  
 Member  Message

Anole_in_ohio
View Profile

Future business

hey everyone although I am still very young my dream is to open a pet store not any old pet store, but the best pet store in my area any ideas on what types of animals should have thanks

11/17/05  09:07pm

Mike420
View Profile

Message To: Anole_in_ohio   In reference to Message Id: 546321

Future business

Reptiles, amphibians, fish, mice, rats, rabbits, guinne pigs, and a bunch of smaller rodent like things. Not dogs or cats imo, becuase whenever I see a dog especially in a pet store, there so sad, beucase they have no room to play in, and cats and dogs need room to play in and its jsut sad I think. Also feeders for the reptiles, not only crickets and different kinds of worms, but feeder pinkies and fuzzies and stuff.

11/27/05  01:57pm

Ameivaboy
View Profile

Message To: Mike420   In reference to Message Id: 556293

Future business

maybe dogs and cats look sad in pet stores but that actually helps them sell and you cant run a business with out selling things, thatís reality,

12/05/05  02:20am

Lozzer
View Profile

Message To: Ameivaboy   In reference to Message Id: 564407

Future business

A cruel reality.

12/13/05  01:15pm

Anole_in_ohio
View Profile

Message To: Lozzer   In reference to Message Id: 571979

Future business

I would think of selling dogs and cats but have like the dogs would be outside when it is sunny and to do their business and during rain and snow and other bad weather I would keep them in rooms like 15x15 not all the dogs but like 5 and it would be completely furnished for the cats as well. Because remember we are the BEST pet store ever

12/14/05  08:41pm

Guppyfry
View Profile

Message To: Anole_in_ohio   In reference to Message Id: 573294

Future business

Live food for fish. Have ongoing cultures of tubifex worms, daphnia, white worms, earthworms, brine shrimp, etc.

I agree with the no dogs or cats. Selling animals for a profit encourages people to breed their pets when there are too many unwanted dogs and cats anyways. Animal shelters are full of dogs and cats looking for good homes. If a person buys a dog or cat in a pet store, it creates an artificial demand for the breeding of more animals and the shelter animals end up being euthanized.

Make sure that all your stock and exotics like snakes, lizards and parrots come from responsible breeders and are not collected from the wild.

Good luck in your plans!

12/30/05  08:30am

Anole_in_ohio
View Profile

Message To: Guppyfry   In reference to Message Id: 587231

Future business

Ohh thats a good point I didnt even think about the animals at the animal shelter. Thanks

12/30/05  09:49pm

Animal_lover
View Profile

Message To: Anole_in_ohio   In reference to Message Id: 588085

Future business

Well i thinmk u should have every pet u can get hold off and loads of equipment look after it with.I would goe for hampsters!!but tha me .

01/08/06  09:04am

Warui
View Profile

Message To: Animal_lover   In reference to Message Id: 597697

Future business

I know this is an old thingy, but if youíre still going for this, Iíd consider working something out with the local animal shelter, that way if someone wants a dog or cat, you can help give better lives to those at the animal shelter.

08/03/06  10:07pm

Scaly dog
View Profile

Message To: Warui   In reference to Message Id: 921861

Future business

I aggree with warui. Perhaps you could have weekly adoption days with the animal shelter or keep a couple dogs and cats (one or two at a time) in the store to help them be adopted. Also, i think that heavily advertising that you do NOT sell cats and dogs would increase your business. It would improve peopleís image of your store, knowing that you are a responsible petstore owner.

09/17/07  11:44pm

Reptile dude007
View Profile

Message To: Scaly dog   In reference to Message Id: 1447772

Future business

when i do that i will have a store pet that is a dog that i take to work with me and when i would go home i would take him/her with me she/he would be kind of a gurd dog if you want to say it tha way

10/03/07  10:13pm

Back to *General-Information Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area