Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General-Information Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General-Information Forum

Senshokukiba   ReptoDude   The_Thunderer   Tropicalexotics1   Beardeddragon_dude  
 Member  Message

Senshokukiba
View Profile

Pet City - Bad Pet Care

Pet City, a pet shop at the mall, cares poorly for their animals, and Iím not sure what to do. For example, they drowned their Green Tree Frogs, all seven of them. For some reason they filled their terrarium up with water with only a few branches sticking out. Their Green Anoles are and other smaller lizards such as their baby House Geckoes are thin all of the time. You can actually see their ribs. Their monitor lizard has a poor cage setup. It has oen or two branches in it. For his size, he looks to big for his cage. Their Teddy Bear Hamsterís genders are unknown. They mistake a male hamster who has testicles for a pregnant female. They canít gaurentee that the hamster you purchase will not be pregnant. They do take the babies back, however. Their hamsters with longer fur have tatty looking coats. Their eyes are some times stuck shut with sleepers. Their puppies have small cages. They are triangular shaped with two to three puppies in each cage. Some of their puppies smell. They use a bedding in the puppies cage which does not obsorb the odor, leaving the smell. Now, is it jut me, or is there some thing wrong here? Iím not an expert at this, but I am capable of seeing that they care little for their animals. I was going to E-mail them, but they have no account. I also didnít believe theyíd truly respond. I donít understand how they continue with business. What can I do?

11/06/05  01:25am

ReptoDude
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 533124

Pet City - Bad Pet Care

I would just mention the proper care for each animal to them. They cannot help the starving lizards, but they can help the cages. They get the animals from suppliers, you cant ístarveí any animal in 3-5 days considering on how often they sell the animals. Thatís not their fault, but housing the animals is. Just confront them.

11/06/05  06:32pm

The_Thunderer
View Profile

Message To: Senshokukiba   In reference to Message Id: 533124

Pet City - Bad Pet Care

Quote:

Iím not an expert at this, but I am capable of seeing that they care little for their animals. I was going to E-mail them, but they have no account. I also didnít believe theyíd truly respond. I donít understand how they continue with business. What can I do?

You can do what all of us who see this can do, bring it to the attention of the manager and then go up the chain depending on the response. If that doesnít work, you can write an article for the paper, or bring it to the attention of the paper or local news channel. Iím sure that you wonít even have to go that far and that simply bringing your concern to the manager or their superior will get something done.

11/11/05  12:49am

Tropicalexotics1
View Profile

Message To: The_Thunderer   In reference to Message Id: 538914

Pet City - Bad Pet Care

Were is pet city located because i think i kno where that is and there cages are really crappy.

03/08/06  04:57pm

Beardeddragon_dude
View Profile

Message To: Tropicalexotics1   In reference to Message Id: 683231

Pet City - Bad Pet Care

thier is a petcity by me.they used to have buetiful cages(thx to my dad)but he was fired so now the reptile cages are dirty small and sh**y.they sold a anaconda to a 10 year old who didnt know nothing.i told the mom that the snake could kill her child.but she said she would rather trust an adult than a 16 year old.me and my edad made a pedition but people thought we were stupid.i kinda cursed the store out.short story petcity sucks balls

01/16/08  04:02pm

Back to *General-Information Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area