Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General-Information Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General-Information Forum

Hey austin   Reptililian Boy   Animalfreak123   Bluetongue1   Spudsgirl  
 Member  Message

Hey austin
View Profile

I NEED HELP!!!

I need to know a good tank size for an iguana. i am getting one soon. if you have any suggestions please say. also i could use some food suggestions and how to prevent diseases such as nose rot.

Thank you.

02/19/08  05:24pm

Reptililian Boy
View Profile

Message To: Hey austin   In reference to Message Id: 1629857

I NEED HELP!!!

Don’t get one...I highly highly highly doubt you have the experience, time, money, and space for an iguana...Are you ready for a 7 foot lizard that needs a room the size of your room? I don’t think so I’d consider something else like a Bearded Dragon becasue they are much nicer and fun to keep then a iguana...hope this helps, Alec

02/22/08  10:43pm

Animalfreak123
View Profile

Message To: Reptililian Boy   In reference to Message Id: 1634200

I NEED HELP!!!

Reptililian Boy,
stopp putting people down!
this person wants an iguana so she can get one!

luv the person that wants an iguana!

05/18/08  07:09pm

Bluetongue1
View Profile

I NEED HELP!!!

Iguanas need tallness for a tank they are climbers-I would suggest getting an iguana older than a baby, they are very hard (when real young) you can use a 4 ft by to the ceiling cage that would be wonderful if you can! make sure any wood is heat treated so that no parasites exist- feeding- all sorts of fruits,veggies, i had a 4 1/2 ft. iggy- bananas,romaine lettuce (dark green) apple, nectarine, some flavors of baby food-blueberry pie or something along that line-its been 20 years since i had iggy- raised him from a yearling- I watched so many people have problems with young ones-NOT THAT YOU WILL but, do not purchase from a pet shop whom you have not spent time seeing how clean they keep their cages- just a few pointers hopefully helps out!!

09/11/08  04:32pm

Spudsgirl
View Profile

I NEED HELP!!!

Prob best to make your own if you know anyone a bit handy with hammer n nails or your could buy a big cabinet and convert to an ig home. We got big space in corner of our living room that gonna be my igs home when he gets a little bigger. Look on the web for how to build an iguana indoor cage they have some stunners on there with step by step instructions on how to do it. Iguanas are not the easiest of reps as I know to well trying to tame my little baby at the mo. Do lots of reading on them and if not sure about anything jus post on the forum these people are so friendly and the advice is spot on. Good look with your new ig you will need alot of time and patience and I am not trying to put you off. We wanted one and all though he is taking alot to tame its half the fun of having one cause I know one day he/she will eventually come round. x x

02/02/09  10:12am

Back to *General-Information Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area