Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General-Aquatic_Land Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General-Aquatic_Land Forum

PitBull.   Pastelpit   J.iguana   AvandisFifth   PartyPhil4   Sh0e   Momo12191   William kimmy  
 Member  Message

PitBull.
View Profile

Is This possible?

Hey all! Im new to these forums and i was wondering if anyone can help me with my situation. I recently got a free 40gallon breeder and want to fill it up, i have built a nice stand for it and i think it would look verynice in the room if it was a jungle like/ tropical rain forest look to it. i was wondering if i can make my own little rain forest with a little pond and some land, i know that this is possible but i was wondering if i can have to different species in the terrarium. like lets say a lizard of some sort, and fish of some sort. Something i can take care of, does’nt have to be something im gonna handle. it would be nice but for the most parts i just love the look of rain forest, and have been much into for years now, but never had the space or the money.

I tried drawing a little diagram of what i had in mind. Some decorations, stones, a little pond with fish and a couple lizards.

03/13/09  04:46pm

Pastelpit
View Profile

Message To: PitBull.   In reference to Message Id: 1967979

Is This possible?

this is a good idea but i think to do it right may be a little more difficult to do than it seems. in order to have proper filtration you wont really want the dirt and the water to mix so some sort of divider should probly be used not necessarily to keep the animals seperated but for easier cleaning and that stuff

this is a great idea tho if you end up doing it then i would love to see pictures

03/16/09  09:34am

J.iguana
View Profile

Message To: Pastelpit   In reference to Message Id: 1969272

Is This possible?

A lizard I’d recomend for this would be a red eye crocodile skink and it’s a good idea but the fish will need a filter and a divider so that the doesnt leask out of the pond area. But good luck with this project.

03/19/09  12:16am

AvandisFifth
View Profile

Is This possible?

I don’t know what kind of lizard you should put in, but I would suggest trying to find a very small fish pond that would fit in there ok, or maybe like a black sterilite tub or something of the like. You could also use waterproof pond liner to custom make your own pond.

03/19/09  06:31pm

PartyPhil4
View Profile

Message To: AvandisFifth   In reference to Message Id: 1971393

Is This possible?

or you could fill up a the tank completely with water and get a matamata so rewarding i wish i could have one

06/11/09  09:13pm

Sh0e
View Profile

Message To: PartyPhil4   In reference to Message Id: 2020620

Is This possible?

why not go for frogs? Vietamese mossy tree frogs are aquatic tree frogs that need at least 1/2 of their enclosure being water. As for fish I would suggest only small peaceful ones, and then not to many. Check out Dario dario or celestrial pearl danios.

06/11/09  11:18pm

Momo12191
View Profile

Is This possible?

Yes it is Possible it might be hard so good luck

07/06/09  07:46am

William kimmy
View Profile

Message To: Momo12191   In reference to Message Id: 2034748

Is This possible?

you need animals that wont kill each other. for the pond..if you make it right and clean..you can probably fit a siamese fighting fish in there or betta. try finding a land animal that doesn’t eat fish or that will harm the fish.

08/05/09  07:59am

Back to *General-Aquatic_Land Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area