Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General-Aquatic_Land Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General-Aquatic_Land Forum

Gay_gecko   Kaihaualani   Gay_gecko   ThePetCastle  
 Member  Message

Gay_gecko
View Profile

Bugs?

hello i found these little bugs in my frog tank, substate is eco earth and i havw some live plants in there as well. they r to tiny to be photographed, i noticed the same thing in a friends tank, they are 99% under in moist areas, i have never had an issue with them hurting my or her frogs... NOT worms almost like a no seeum. ?????? i find this bug in all eco earth terraiams ive come acrossed.

07/08/08  02:14am

Kaihaualani
View Profile

Message To: Gay_gecko   In reference to Message Id: 1786640

Bugs?

i dont believe iv ever had bugs in my eco earth? hopefully they arent bad!

07/08/08  03:15pm

Gay_gecko
View Profile

Message To: Kaihaualani   In reference to Message Id: 1787200

Bugs?

well i think they arnt there at first. its like after a cpl days of wet soil, its clean cause i change it and the next day they are still there... in every ones set up ive seen...and its never harmed anything.....its been 6 months hmmmm

07/08/08  04:47pm

ThePetCastle
View Profile

Message To: Gay_gecko   In reference to Message Id: 1787371

Bugs?

Without any pics, it is hard to say what the bugs are. There are many different types of bug it could be. Without knowing what type it is, it would be impossible to say if they are harmful, beneficial, or nuetral. I own a pet supply store and go through lots of different bedding. I pride myself on keeping a clean store, but before the bedding gets to me it still sits in a warehouse somewhere, this is true of all pet supply stores. I always suggest to my customers to put the bedding in the oven and heat it to about 180 to 200 degrees if possible. If the bedding is slightly moist, you can microwave it for a few seconds, this also serves to sterilize the bedding. If after cleaning the tank completly, you still see these bugs, then it may be that they are coming in from the surrounding environment. If that is the case, I don’t have any suggestions for that right now. I would suggest trying to ID the bugs and go from there. With some time and patience, you may be able to ID it at www.whatsthatbug.com. Good luck.
Richard

07/31/08  05:44pm

Back to *General-Aquatic_Land Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area