Your Reptile and Amphibian Resource and Information Site

Back to *General-Adopton_Rescue Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area  

*General-Adopton_Rescue Forum

JamieCora   UROKEEPER   Crazyjekel_13   Katylove  
 Member  Message

JamieCora
View Profile

Russian Tortoise needs new home

I have had a Russian Tortoise for about 7 years now and unfortunately, I need to find a new home for him. He is a sweet boy and I hate to have to do this, but I don’t really have a choice. Last night after finishing Thanksgiving dinner I was showing him to some people and discovered that 3 of his claws were missing and his foot looked mangled. After spending about 2 hours on the phone and internet I came to the horrific conclusion that my tortoise was most likely attacked by a rat that had been found in my home a few days beforehand. I don’t have the means to take him to a vet and I am worried that he is in danger of being attacked again and or developing and infection. I am not looking to make any money off of him, I just need to find him a home where he can receive the care he needs that I cannot afford. Please contact me if you can help. I live near Salem in Oregon and hope to find him a home as soon as possible.

11/27/09  02:55pm

UROKEEPER
View Profile

Message To: JamieCora   In reference to Message Id: 2099436

why have a pet you can’’t afford vet care for? do anything to get the money to fix him....

THATS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE KEEPER.

01/06/10  09:37am

Crazyjekel_13
View Profile

Message To: JamieCora   In reference to Message Id: 2099436

Was wondering if you still needed a home for him I also live in Oregon and would love to have him

04/17/11  12:19am

Katylove
View Profile

Message To: Crazyjekel_13   In reference to Message Id: 2214771

I live not too far from you, and have a lonley russian tortoise....and a great reptile vet that I can take him to right away. Please message me if you still need help with him

08/25/11  02:13pm

Back to *General-Adopton_Rescue Forum   Forums   Home   Members Area